Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rambit Headline News (RHN) - 19 March 2005

Well at the time of writing (10:33 PM) "Bad Boy Bruce" (till I find another name) is sleeping comfortably on the other side of the wall of my computer room. All I'm thinking about is someone's suggestion of driving songs from another thread "Bad to the Bone". I gotta get it.

Right now, on the last official day of Winter (what a joke) it's snowing, hovering at or near freezing. The snow flakes are huge and we have 2" in about 10 minutes. Needless to say, I'm a little pissed.

Got up at 7AM and waited for my son-in-law to drive me to the dealers, first stopping at Rotton Ronnie's for a McSick breakfast. Picked Bruce up, and yes BMW/SRT8 is right, it's definatly a boy, at 11 AM as planned. Everything was done on time and someone wheeled him out front. I took a few pictures & will post later. I'm telling you, there's nothing more impressive than a CLEAN black car on an overcast day. The tint job was amazing and I highly recommend it. The tint shop (Tint King) was so iimpressed, they took pictures to hang in their office to show what a 300 looks like tinted. The tint (20%) is called Titanium Master Roll, part #43201. It's their premiun tint. I don't know who makes this, but I will find out and post it on Monday if any one is interested.

Well, when I finally got in the thing, took a look around, I knew right away I'd made the right choice. Once I adjusted the cockpit to my liking, I was nervously ready to launch. I haven't driven a car in years, and although I drive a hemi Ram, I knew this would be way more exhillerating. Yes, there was a little trepidation on my part as I didn't know what to expect. My salesman asked for a ride. He had to show me everything. There are so many buttons, switches etc., it's like being in an aircraft.

We left the dealers and were going to make a right onto a fairly busy road. The ESP was on & he told me to punch it. In less than a heartbeat, we're at 100km/hr (60mph) and under COMPLETE control. I soon had to brake and was impressed with the stopping response. The ride is smooth, definatley on the sporty side. I loved the way you can "feel" the tires on the road. I couldn't do much else with it due to the traffic, so we went back to the dealers to drop him off.

He, along with all the sales staff insisted I do a burn out with ESP off in front of the show room. Ths is with several customers there as well. Who am I to go against their wishes. Remember, this is with ESP off, I punched it, and to my astonishment, there was no squeal at all. It FELT and sounded like I was litterally tearing a layer of rubber off the tires, either that or it was a layer of road surface. The smoke was the best part of it though, and the smell of it as well was truly fantastic. I highly recommend everyone do this just to get it out of your system. Hell, I'm going to do it a few times just to make sure it is out of my system!

After I got out of there, I decided I wanted to "show it off" a little. I went downtown & floored it a few times for effect. Again, cruising at the speed limit, I would hit it, and again it took off like a rocket. 100-120 km's/hr in seemingly nanoseconds, all the while with the feel of the road transfering through the tires & steering wheel. I loved it. This car is SO fast and handles like a sports car to me at least. Remember, I'm coming straight out of a truck. Funny thing is when I'm waiting at a light, I noticed people would look at it, because you can't help but notice it. If it was a couple, the girl would look straight at it with big cow eyes, but the guy in almost every case would do anything not to "see" it. Don't forget, I'm downtown to be seen and show off. I'm no different than anybody else, afterall why do we keep our cars clean? It's to get people to drool over them, wishing they were us! Be honest now! :D

After the drool session got boring, I went to my son's house so he could see it. He drives an 05 Jeep Grande Cherokee Hemi, which is faster than my truck. We went for a little spin and I let him take over. His eyes were like saucers & he very quickly realized this is a serious car, not to be triffled with if your looking for a red light race against one of these bad boys.

Shortly after this, it began to lightly rain. I decided to go home and put him in the garage for the day, not however before showing him to my neighbours, gloat, gloat. I now have about 80 Km's to my credit. More to folow.

ADDENDUM:

Almost forgot to mention this. As I'm signing for my car, the sales manager comes into the office. He said to me, with a serious look on his face, he has a customer who was willing to offer me $5000 more than I paid for it on the spot. He REALLY wanted one. I'm thinking to myself, "Tough *itty, said the Kitty". I actually was a little put off at this offer, believe it or not. He thought I'd jump at the chance to make a quick 5G. I wouldn't have been quite so pissed off if he'd said $10,000 at least. I still wouldn't have taken it though. I'm a visionary and I perceive this is just the beginning for this car. This has got to be a first. Normally just driving a new car off the lot means an automatic 30% depreciation in value. I told him firmly, I wouldn't take $100,000 US if he'd offered it. Some of you reading this may think I'm nuts, maybe so, but smart nuts. Remember the magic number...225.

RHN: The opinions expressed above are those of the author, Rambit. We may or may not agree with it's content, but secretly do. We urge you to drive responsibly FAST.

And now a word from our sponsor, The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company. Buy a spare set for your out the gate SRT8!

Rambit :D :D

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Excellent reporting,enjoyed it as if I were there in the car..
what a ride,thanks

·
Registered
824 Posts
Ah man! I want an SRT-8! Oh well I still love my little 5.7 LOL! :D

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Man ---- I don't know which is worse: my envy or my drooling - keep it coming Rambit ;)

Zilla

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
First300COwner said:
Ah man! I want an SRT-8! Oh well I still love my little 5.7 LOL! :D
I'd LOVE to come out to that part of your country, just to say I did. You don't by chance happen to know Jay Leno do you?:D My original order was "stolen" by a "celebrity" sometime earlier. I would love to know exactly who he/she was. I had heard Leno was interested in one around about that time. I'd certainly be interested to find out if he did in fact get one. Who ever it was, it caused me not to have my name on the window sticker of the one I have. :mad: If it was him, imagine what a conversation piece that would be. :D

Rambit

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
Rambit said:
I'd LOVE to come out to that part of your country, just to say I did. You don't by chance happen to know Jay Leno do you?:D My original order was "stolen" by a "celebrity" sometime earlier. I would love to know exactly who he/she was. I had heard Leno was interested in one around about that time. I'd certainly be interested to find out if he did in fact get one. Who ever it was, it caused me not to have my name on the window sticker of the one I have. :mad: If it was him, imagine what a conversation piece that would be. :D

Rambit
Hey Rambit, great reporting, not only did you cover all the headline stuff, but the weather as well... a multi-faceted reporter! I will be staying tuned for breaking news, just don't let it be about another 'f***ing ticket'...

I actually do know Jay and see him often at car shows. We used to hang with him 25 years ago at a place called the Rock Store when we used to ride our Harley in the canyons. He usually attends the show I'll be going to tomorrow, weather permitting... I'll ask him for you. :)

Be safe out there!!

·
Registered
679 Posts
Rambit...that was worth the wait. I like the name you picked..."Bad Boy Bruce". I think I am going with "jackson".... next week baby. Also, cause of Rambitmeister, this "no mod" guy is going for the tint...
And your right, who are you to let those gold folks down that want to see some smokin tire?? You are a damn fine citizen!!! Good reporter too.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Rambit,That's what I'm talkin' about!!!! A real mans car!!!! Not for wimps,complainers,faint of heart,or gas and tire conscious people!!! That's all I've been sayin' all along!!! Rambitt,you think just like me,as well as drive like me!!! YOU AND YOUR CAR RULES BUDDY!!!!! Hey Rambit,I thought of the perfect song for you and your new ride--T-R-O-U-B-L-E ,sung by the one and only king of music-E Presley!!! THANK YA,THANK YA VERY MUCH!!!!! P.S.-Come to think of it,that'll be the name of my '06,if it ever gets here ---T-R-O-U-B-L-E !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Cost of Tinting

Rambit said:
Rambit Headline News (RHN) - 19 March 2005

Well at the time of writing (10:33 PM) "Bad Boy Bruce" (till I find another name) is sleeping comfortably on the other side of the wall of my computer room. All I'm thinking about is someone's suggestion of driving songs from another thread "Bad to the Bone". I gotta get it.

Right now, on the last official day of Winter (what a joke) it's snowing, hovering at or near freezing. The snow flakes are huge and we have 2" in about 10 minutes. Needless to say, I'm a little pissed.

Got up at 7AM and waited for my son-in-law to drive me to the dealers, first stopping at Rotton Ronnie's for a McSick breakfast. Picked Bruce up, and yes BMW/SRT8 is right, it's definatly a boy, at 11 AM as planned. Everything was done on time and someone wheeled him out front. I took a few pictures & will post later. I'm telling you, there's nothing more impressive than a CLEAN black car on an overcast day. The tint job was amazing and I highly recommend it. The tint shop (Tint King) was so iimpressed, they took pictures to hang in their office to show what a 300 looks like tinted. The tint (20%) is called Titanium Master Roll, part #43201. It's their premiun tint. I don't know who makes this, but I will find out and post it on Monday if any one is interested.

Well, when I finally got in the thing, took a look around, I knew right away I'd made the right choice. Once I adjusted the cockpit to my liking, I was nervously ready to launch. I haven't driven a car in years, and although I drive a hemi Ram, I knew this would be way more exhillerating. Yes, there was a little trepidation on my part as I didn't know what to expect. My salesman asked for a ride. He had to show me everything. There are so many buttons, switches etc., it's like being in an aircraft.

We left the dealers and were going to make a right onto a fairly busy road. The ESP was on & he told me to punch it. In less than a heartbeat, we're at 100km/hr (60mph) and under COMPLETE control. I soon had to brake and was impressed with the stopping response. The ride is smooth, definatley on the sporty side. I loved the way you can "feel" the tires on the road. I couldn't do much else with it due to the traffic, so we went back to the dealers to drop him off.

He, along with all the sales staff insisted I do a burn out with ESP off in front of the show room. Ths is with several customers there as well. Who am I to go against their wishes. Remember, this is with ESP off, I punched it, and to my astonishment, there was no squeal at all. It FELT and sounded like I was litterally tearing a layer of rubber off the tires, either that or it was a layer of road surface. The smoke was the best part of it though, and the smell of it as well was truly fantastic. I highly recommend everyone do this just to get it out of your system. Hell, I'm going to do it a few times just to make sure it is out of my system!

After I got out of there, I decided I wanted to "show it off" a little. I went downtown & floored it a few times for effect. Again, cruising at the speed limit, I would hit it, and again it took off like a rocket. 100-120 km's/hr in seemingly nanoseconds, all the while with the feel of the road transfering through the tires & steering wheel. I loved it. This car is SO fast and handles like a sports car to me at least. Remember, I'm coming straight out of a truck. Funny thing is when I'm waiting at a light, I noticed people would look at it, because you can't help but notice it. If it was a couple, the girl would look straight at it with big cow eyes, but the guy in almost every case would do anything not to "see" it. Don't forget, I'm downtown to be seen and show off. I'm no different than anybody else, afterall why do we keep our cars clean? It's to get people to drool over them, wishing they were us! Be honest now! :D

After the drool session got boring, I went to my son's house so he could see it. He drives an 05 Jeep Grande Cherokee Hemi, which is faster than my truck. We went for a little spin and I let him take over. His eyes were like saucers & he very quickly realized this is a serious car, not to be triffled with if your looking for a red light race against one of these bad boys.

Shortly after this, it began to lightly rain. I decided to go home and put him in the garage for the day, not however before showing him to my neighbours, gloat, gloat. I now have about 80 Km's to my credit. More to folow.

ADDENDUM:

Almost forgot to mention this. As I'm signing for my car, the sales manager comes into the office. He said to me, with a serious look on his face, he has a customer who was willing to offer me $5000 more than I paid for it on the spot. He REALLY wanted one. I'm thinking to myself, "Tough *itty, said the Kitty". I actually was a little put off at this offer, believe it or not. He thought I'd jump at the chance to make a quick 5G. I wouldn't have been quite so pissed off if he'd said $10,000 at least. I still wouldn't have taken it though. I'm a visionary and I perceive this is just the beginning for this car. This has got to be a first. Normally just driving a new car off the lot means an automatic 30% depreciation in value. I told him firmly, I wouldn't take $100,000 US if he'd offered it. Some of you reading this may think I'm nuts, maybe so, but smart nuts. Remember the magic number...225.

RHN: The opinions expressed above are those of the author, Rambit. We may or may not agree with it's content, but secretly do. We urge you to drive responsibly FAST.

And now a word from our sponsor, The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company. Buy a spare set for your out the gate SRT8!

Rambit :D :D

Out of curiousity, how much did the tinting cost? :confused:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Rambit
When they tinted your rear window did they tint around the stop light or over it. I ask because I had one place tell me they had to take the back seats out to tint the rear window and tint over the stop light . needless to say I didn't go there.

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
srt42 said:
Out of curiousity, how much did the tinting cost? :confused:
I just checked my paperwork. It was $315 CDN.

Rambit

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hemilover said:
Rambit
When they tinted your rear window did they tint around the stop light or over it. I ask because I had one place tell me they had to take the back seats out to tint the rear window and tint over the stop light . needless to say I didn't go there.
I'll have to get back to you on that one. I got it done at Tint King on Wellington, near the Red Lobster. They took a picture of it to show what a 300 looks like tinted. As soon as this weather lets up, I'm going there to see who makes the tint film. As for your other post, give me a honk or something so I know who you are. I would never put anyone down for what they drive, NEVER! I've driven some pretty bad vehicles in my day that were an embarassment to say the least.

Rambit :)

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
bts161 said:
Hey Rambit when do we get to see the pics you were talking about? Or did I miss them some how?
Almost forgot. Your wish is my command. Gotta resize etc.

We'll be right back, don't touch that dial and stay tuned to RHN, your source for late "braking" (Bembo) :D news

Rambit :)

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Hey Rambit

I need a favour --

If you ever put Bad Boy Bruce is on a hoist - I'm sure you'll be there looking after baby - could you check if the rear shocks are Nivomats or Bilsteins.

or perhaps our favourite man on the inside - Grunt could answer that one?

TIA

Zilla :)

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
goddardzilla said:
Hey Rambit

I need a favour --

If you ever put Bad Boy Bruce is on a hoist - I'm sure you'll be there looking after baby - could you check if the rear shocks are Nivomats or Bilsteins.

or perhaps our favourite man on the inside - Grunt could answer that one?

TIA

Zilla :)
From everything I read they should be Bilsteins. That's the one shot I really wanted to get, from up under the thing. Maybe I can convince the guys at the dealers to hoist it up for me. I'm sure it won't be a problem, they're all great down there.

Rambit

1 - 20 of 21 Posts