Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
22's

I am running 22"s. Dunlop 285/30/22 Super Sport 9000's on Bazo 22" x 8.5" rims.
The only difference I notice are when hitting rapid changing road heights such as an asphault patch. The tire leaves the road for a split second instead of the tire just absorbing the hit. So when in a long high speed curve the wheel twitches for a instant. Nothing scary but you do notice it. The rest of the time all you notice is the increase handling and increased looks. I have always had nice rides (an H2 just before this) but have never had this amount of interest in a vehicle.

Let me know if you have any other specific questions.

·
Registered
68 Posts
22's

Yes, here is a pic. Currently at the westcoast for the 4th. Went down and took you a picture.

Let me know what you think.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
22's 285's

JDUB34 said:
K Hamlet:

Nice whip! Do you have any problem with the rear tires rubbing when people ride in back? Also, how is the interior noise w/the 22"s
No rubbing problems except when the car is raised. Such as when the wheels are being installed. When you set it down the suspension geometry changes and gives it enough room. I took it out to a country road, 100+ MPH and no problems even got a little air. It might of rubbed, but was so breif could not see any tire blems or maybe the shocks keep the suspension from drooping due to the breif time the car was airborne. I am 6'2" 340 pounds my son is 6'4" 260 pounds. When to the coast took him and a skinny friend about 125 pounds. No rubbing anywhere. I think I will lower it 1" to 2", When Ebach gets their springs out. should be 3 or 4 weeks. Also depending upon the road surface road noise was from eaisly hearable to non-existant.
Oh I did have to use spacers to position the wheels centered in the wheelwell.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Pics as requested

MattinNashville said:
wow! i love those rims! i have always liked "plainer" (i guess is the word, but less of the spider web wierd designs) a good clean 5 spoke or somthing similar--there is a real nice pic of someones 5 spoke on the Visual mods page

these look fantastic! do you have any more pics? i would love to see them.
and is yours black or midnight? thanks again--looks awsome
Here are a couple pics. It is Brilliant B, which I like when it is perfectly clean. The bad part is when a gets just a little dirty the metalic adds to the dirty look.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
285's

wardog said:
Vengra, Tibbs, Hamlet,......WOW!

(ever see the movie "What about Bob?" "Gimmie, Gimmie, Gimmie, I need, I need, I need".)

I am now set on a 300C and am wrestling with the 20" or 22" inch debate. After Tibbs' excellent post I am just about sold on 22's.

To everyone running 265/35/22's, does the tire go past the rim and offer any protection on curb damage? One of the reasons I was was looking at 275/40/20 was that I would think the tire would bulge out a bit on a 9" rim and offer a little protection. (plus I like the way it looks, don't like the rim sticking out further than the tire)

Any reason for not going 285/35/22?

What kind of mileage can you expect on these types of tires if you take it easy? (At $400 each do you have to replace them every 20K miles?)

I really like the Oasis Gothic and MKW MK-24

I really like the fullest fenderwell I can get, but I also CANNOT stand tires rubbing. The only way I got a rub free fit was by making adjustments. My rims are 22" x 8.5" (most 22's seem to be 9.5") and I had to use small spacers to make everything fit perfectly. The other perk with using an 8.5" rim and a 285 is a slight, very slight sidewall protection for my rims (see photo from previous post). So bascally the narrower the tire the less fussy the fit.
My advice with this car is not to compromise much, it is truely such a great car you will regret it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Eibach Springs

HEMIFID said:
Eibach pro-kits would finish it for me. Just my .02 cents.

Thanks
You are right as can be. I talked to a Sales Rep. at Eibach - 2 to 6 weeks until product is available for the 300C.
I bet the ride will be very acceptable lowered and on 22's. I did not think those words would ever go together into the same sentence, but I do believe this car can do it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Wheel Maker

MattinNashville said:
im sorry K, did you say the name of that rim?

looks fantastic!!
It is a Bazo B52, 22" x 8.5", 34 MM offset. Simple. Gives a slight nod to the stockers.

http://www.bazowheels.com/

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
34 mm offset

magnesium said:
You're running a 34mm offset? Seems high for this car. 15-20mm is what is recommended. But hey, more power to you!
It works for two reasons. First, the wheel is 22" x 8.5", most are 9.5" wide. The second is wheel spacers. I knew I wanted a certain look with the tire fitment. The only way to get that fitment is to allow for adjustability. With a 34 mm offset I can use wheel spacers to get the exact location I want. You can move a wheel out with spacer (hince the 34 mm offset) but you sure as hell cannot move it in with spacers. Since wheel spacers are no longer dirty words and are now encouraged, I decided to go that route. Eibach Pro-Spacer and H & R's Tract + both promote spacers to widen the tract for maximum performance. I am running 10mm spacers with the Bazo wheels and 285/30/22 tires, once it is lowered (Eiback Sportline Springs, available soon) I may move the wheel in or out again to keep that rub free full fenderwell look I like. See attached photo for an example..

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just found out I'm Crazy

thematrixhasu said:
I know three people with 300c one of them with 22 one with some 20's and the other has the factory set up, The ride with the 22's are very harsh anyone who says its not is crazy. I
Damn, now I'm crazy. Although I think I have a lot of company.
My ride is a 300C, 22's x 8.5", Dunlop 285/30/22 Super Sport 9000's.
My ride quality is 90 to 95% what it was with 18's. The handling ability has doubled with the Dunlops. I had a 2002 Stage 2 Roush Mustang before this ride. It was 5 times harsher with 18" wheels. It would still easily out handle the 300C with 22's. But as far as ride quality the 300C is amazingly smooth and quiet. I have a second home on the wectcoast, about a 2.5 hour drive. I go there every other week and the perferred vehicle is always the 300C. My other ride is a 2004 F150 SuperCrew, the 300C with 22's rides much smoother than the Ford.
So I just think I shall remain crazy, much more fun this way.

·
Registered
68 Posts
285's on an 8.5" rim

magnesium said:
KHAMLET: What did your tire shop say about putting a 285 section width on an 8.5" rim? I think that's out of spec, but it looks like it worked just fine. In fact, it seems to afford you with a little rim protection, which will no doubt come in handy.
My tire guy said not to worry about the spec. He had fudged on the specs before with great results. As a matter of fact this may be why I seem to have a great ride where a few others don't. The tread surface is as as flat as it would be on a 9.5" rim (I checked another setup for a different car/customer). I personally like the rubber out slightly more than the rim (appearance as well as protection). You can see from the attached photos (previous post, this thread) it fits very well. As far as the condition of the roads in Bakersfield, we had a visit from our President (of the US) a couple months ago. His first comment to the press was that we need to get our potholes fixed. Evidently his Limo ride from the airport jarred his teeth a few times.

·
Registered
68 Posts
285's do fit without rubbing

magnesium said:
No rubbing anywhere to be found? Interesting. That could mean that those of us who opt for 20" wheels could use a 275/40/20 - almost a dead ringer for the OD of the stock tires. Lots of tires to choose from, to boot.

Most tire shops won't mount outside manufacturer specs, but in this case it seems like a winner. Love to see if those 270's fit...
The 285's do not rub, ANYWHERE. I took my 300C on a big test yesterday. I went to lunch and took my purchasing agent, warehouse manager and a salesman (someone had to pay for the lunch).
I weight 340, my P.A. weighs 380, my W.M. weighs 190, salesman weighs 200. Quite a load and no rubbing, purposly entered driveways at different angles, did not slow down on dips, etc.
As I stated previously in this thread, if the tires are positioned just right in the wheelweel they work fine.You do have to use spacers to tweak their location. I may have set the record for the heaviest load in a 300C.
Good luck, just check Dunlops website for tire specs 285/30ZR22 Super Sport 9000's.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Front Clearance

Yes, that is the major obstacle on the front suspension. Here is a shot of mine with the Dunlop 285's in place. Sorry for the quality. Your right, a picture of this could be helpful to those that have yet to purchase wheels.

This gives a view with the car on the ground at ride height

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.