Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 355 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Pics perhaps

I got my hands on the neighbor's camera, but unfortunately, I missed the ten week class on how to use it and the end result is a collection of pics that are too large to post here.

If these links don't work, I will figure something else out.

http://www.web-a-photo.com/showpic.exe?ID=269665&invite=d0a7889a0303c87d4f9093c442639b05

http://www.web-a-photo.com/showpic.exe?ID=269633&invite=d18c983e7669acc232d3dfa787fb5db2

http://www.web-a-photo.com/showpic.exe?ID=269644&invite=dfeef73b74abe9f6809545064aae4d0a

·
Registered
42 Posts
Tibbs said:
I got my hands on the neighbor's camera, but unfortunately, I missed the ten week class on how to use it and the end result is a collection of pics that are too large to post here.

If these links don't work, I will figure something else out.

http://www.web-a-photo.com/showpic.exe?ID=269665&invite=d0a7889a0303c87d4f9093c442639b05

http://www.web-a-photo.com/showpic.exe?ID=269633&invite=d18c983e7669acc232d3dfa787fb5db2

http://www.web-a-photo.com/showpic.exe?ID=269644&invite=dfeef73b74abe9f6809545064aae4d0a
holy buuuujeeebus batman! :eek:

damn, i want one soooo bad! i will someday--for now, living vicariously through you guys will have to do

·
Registered
68 Posts
Pics as requested

MattinNashville said:
wow! i love those rims! i have always liked "plainer" (i guess is the word, but less of the spider web wierd designs) a good clean 5 spoke or somthing similar--there is a real nice pic of someones 5 spoke on the Visual mods page

these look fantastic! do you have any more pics? i would love to see them.
and is yours black or midnight? thanks again--looks awsome
Here are a couple pics. It is Brilliant B, which I like when it is perfectly clean. The bad part is when a gets just a little dirty the metalic adds to the dirty look.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Vengra, Tibbs, Hamlet,......WOW!

(ever see the movie "What about Bob?" "Gimmie, Gimmie, Gimmie, I need, I need, I need".)

I am now set on a 300C and am wrestling with the 20" or 22" inch debate. After Tibbs' excellent post I am just about sold on 22's.

To everyone running 265/35/22's, does the tire go past the rim and offer any protection on curb damage? One of the reasons I was was looking at 275/40/20 was that I would think the tire would bulge out a bit on a 9" rim and offer a little protection. (plus I like the way it looks, don't like the rim sticking out further than the tire)

Any reason for not going 285/35/22?

What kind of mileage can you expect on these types of tires if you take it easy? (At $400 each do you have to replace them every 20K miles?)

I really like the Oasis Gothic and MKW MK-24

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yo-Yo

Because I place a premium on the C's smooth, comfortable and quiet ride, I have decided that when I upgrade it will be to 20" wheels.

Then you folks post photos revealing just how stunning the C looks with 22" wheels, and I conclude that when I upgrade it will be to 22" wheels.

Because I place a premium on the C's smooth, comfortable and quiet ride, I have decided that when I upgrade it will be to 20" wheels.

Then you folks post photos revealing just how stunning the C looks with 22" wheels, and I conclude that when I upgrade it will be to 22" wheels.

and so on . . . . :eek:

·
Registered
68 Posts
285's

wardog said:
Vengra, Tibbs, Hamlet,......WOW!

(ever see the movie "What about Bob?" "Gimmie, Gimmie, Gimmie, I need, I need, I need".)

I am now set on a 300C and am wrestling with the 20" or 22" inch debate. After Tibbs' excellent post I am just about sold on 22's.

To everyone running 265/35/22's, does the tire go past the rim and offer any protection on curb damage? One of the reasons I was was looking at 275/40/20 was that I would think the tire would bulge out a bit on a 9" rim and offer a little protection. (plus I like the way it looks, don't like the rim sticking out further than the tire)

Any reason for not going 285/35/22?

What kind of mileage can you expect on these types of tires if you take it easy? (At $400 each do you have to replace them every 20K miles?)

I really like the Oasis Gothic and MKW MK-24

I really like the fullest fenderwell I can get, but I also CANNOT stand tires rubbing. The only way I got a rub free fit was by making adjustments. My rims are 22" x 8.5" (most 22's seem to be 9.5") and I had to use small spacers to make everything fit perfectly. The other perk with using an 8.5" rim and a 285 is a slight, very slight sidewall protection for my rims (see photo from previous post). So bascally the narrower the tire the less fussy the fit.
My advice with this car is not to compromise much, it is truely such a great car you will regret it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ride quality still very good on 22's

OK, just put about 300 miles on with the 22's. A set of 3mm spacers fixed the rubbing problem on full right turns when backing out of my driveway. You honeslty will be surprised with the ride. I thought it would be very harsh, but I can say I am very happy with the ride. On ramps feel much better and controlled. I would not look back at all. Even the freeway dividers are just barely felt. But, if you really like that cushy, Cadillac ride, then it might not be for you. I prefer the BMW, sport touring ride, so the 22's made the ride just a bit closer. In fact, my 530i with a sport package rides just as stiff (maybe stiffer) and that is on stock tires. Eibach pro-kits would finish it for me. Just my .02 cents.

Thanks

·
Registered
68 Posts
Eibach Springs

HEMIFID said:
Eibach pro-kits would finish it for me. Just my .02 cents.

Thanks
You are right as can be. I talked to a Sales Rep. at Eibach - 2 to 6 weeks until product is available for the 300C.
I bet the ride will be very acceptable lowered and on 22's. I did not think those words would ever go together into the same sentence, but I do believe this car can do it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
K Hamlet said:
I really like the fullest fenderwell I can get, but I also CANNOT stand tires rubbing. The only way I got a rub free fit was by making adjustments. My rims are 22" x 8.5" (most 22's seem to be 9.5") and I had to use small spacers to make everything fit perfectly. The other perk with using an 8.5" rim and a 285 is a slight, very slight sidewall protection for my rims (see photo from previous post). So bascally the narrower the tire the less fussy the fit.
My advice with this car is not to compromise much, it is truely such a great car you will regret it.
im sorry K, did you say the name of that rim?

looks fantastic!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Wheel Maker

MattinNashville said:
im sorry K, did you say the name of that rim?

looks fantastic!!
It is a Bazo B52, 22" x 8.5", 34 MM offset. Simple. Gives a slight nod to the stockers.

http://www.bazowheels.com/

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
34 mm offset

magnesium said:
You're running a 34mm offset? Seems high for this car. 15-20mm is what is recommended. But hey, more power to you!
It works for two reasons. First, the wheel is 22" x 8.5", most are 9.5" wide. The second is wheel spacers. I knew I wanted a certain look with the tire fitment. The only way to get that fitment is to allow for adjustability. With a 34 mm offset I can use wheel spacers to get the exact location I want. You can move a wheel out with spacer (hince the 34 mm offset) but you sure as hell cannot move it in with spacers. Since wheel spacers are no longer dirty words and are now encouraged, I decided to go that route. Eibach Pro-Spacer and H & R's Tract + both promote spacers to widen the tract for maximum performance. I am running 10mm spacers with the Bazo wheels and 285/30/22 tires, once it is lowered (Eiback Sportline Springs, available soon) I may move the wheel in or out again to keep that rub free full fenderwell look I like. See attached photo for an example..

Attachments

·
Registered
364 Posts
I know three people with 300c one of them with 22 one with some 20's and the other has the factory set up, The ride with the 22's are very harsh anyone who says its not is crazy. I have rode in M3's with stiffing kits and many cobra mustangs and two STI's and the 300c with the 22's is the (harshish) {made up a word} ride i have rode in next to a CLK 55 with 20's on it. the 300c with the 20's on it does feel more comfortable but the stock set up is the smoothest of the all it just looks bland so i will be getting 20's as soon as i get my car in which i orderd in april. Just some advice the 22's look the best by far but if you like to drive dont get them it will jar things loose and its takes away alot of quality from the ride but it adds a kick ass look and if that what you want thats the way to go. The factory set up is ultra cushony {another made up word} and feels the best for long rides and your car will thank you for the jar less ride but it looks to bland so my advice to all is go with a 20" rim with a nice lip that will give you that 21" look with only minimal ride impact.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just found out I'm Crazy

thematrixhasu said:
I know three people with 300c one of them with 22 one with some 20's and the other has the factory set up, The ride with the 22's are very harsh anyone who says its not is crazy. I
Damn, now I'm crazy. Although I think I have a lot of company.
My ride is a 300C, 22's x 8.5", Dunlop 285/30/22 Super Sport 9000's.
My ride quality is 90 to 95% what it was with 18's. The handling ability has doubled with the Dunlops. I had a 2002 Stage 2 Roush Mustang before this ride. It was 5 times harsher with 18" wheels. It would still easily out handle the 300C with 22's. But as far as ride quality the 300C is amazingly smooth and quiet. I have a second home on the wectcoast, about a 2.5 hour drive. I go there every other week and the perferred vehicle is always the 300C. My other ride is a 2004 F150 SuperCrew, the 300C with 22's rides much smoother than the Ford.
So I just think I shall remain crazy, much more fun this way.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I hope that padded room has a big couch because I must have left the realm of sanity about a thousand miles back. That's how many miles I have on my 22s, and if the ride I've experienced is considered harsh, I'd have to ask which helium filled marshmallow cloud you previously floated on. The ONLY moments of harshness I've experienced are above ground railroad tracks, driveways with lips larger than Stephen Tyler's on collagen, and the occasional road crater. Otherwise this is a smooooooth riding machine. Amazingly so in fact, I get lots of compliments from passengers in that regard. My teeth have not yet violently connected because of the rim upgrade.

If someone owns a 300C with 22s and has somehow managed to create a harsh ride, I would suspect they've been tossing wrenches and parts at the suspension as well, or perhaps they should look into inflating the tires.

·
Registered
28 Posts
KHAMLET: What did your tire shop say about putting a 285 section width on an 8.5" rim? I think that's out of spec, but it looks like it worked just fine. In fact, it seems to afford you with a little rim protection, which will no doubt come in handy.

·
Registered
364 Posts
k hamlet and tibbs I dont know where you live maybe the roads are in better condition but in the northeast states it just will not happend I live in Philly and go to newyork and jersey almost every weekend. The ride here is HARSH i am not taking nothing away from the 22's its beautiful it is the perfect complement for the 300c but where i live it will tear your car up and 35 series tires offers no protection so your 30 series will last maybe a week, K hamlet if you think your crazy drive over here and then if your neck and back survive the long trips than you can drive right up to the psychiatric ward.

21 - 40 of 355 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.