Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been awhile but I am one of the many early buyers of my dream car that had severe "crown sensitivity" and "right lead" issues. 7 alignments new Contis @ 7K etc. Dealer was sympathetic and tried his best...DC regional finally was called in and simply stated the "car is in spec." (although the March 12 TSB for revised alignment specs was pooh-poohed as being very "minor") and the tires at fault. I filed lemon law and had hearing last month.
DC openly admitted that the tires were a piece of crap and the testafiers/witnesses they called in stated they would never put those on their cars...THIS WAS THEIR DEFENSE POSITION.... they had a top gun for legal council! DC's stance is that tires are not covered by manufacturer's warranty.

Results/ruling received two days ago... DC won and I am stuck with $4K legal bill AND with a P.O.S. car until this set wear out and I get some good rubber for it. Guess I should have taken the $3K settlement offered from DC before formal filing was done!

Hope this serves some good for any of you out there that may be fed up and considering filing for lemon law.

To top it all off, this dealer who I never had bad-mouthed as they did TRY, advised me yesterday that they do not want to service my car anymore after I called in for the pitted wheel issue and some other minor problems....guess my previous blockaid of badmouthing may soon be lifted! P.S. I was a very happy owner of a '99 300M and waited it out to get my "C" and wife has Sebring LS in her side of garage... I wonder if I will go back to DC for our next car!?

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
So they win because the right lead/pull is caused by the tires?
Sounds like a crock of S to me.
Maybe you should have never mentioned or complained about the tires, if you were really trying to replace the car because of the right lead/pull?
Seems like they used the "crap tires defense" to their advantage.
Can't you file a lemon law complaint without a lawyer? $4k is a lot of money to spend on a $35k car.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
What is the point of a lemon law, feel good legislation with lots of loopholes, nearly worthless. DC did very poor development with this car, they picked the tires. What ever happened to field testing to find problems, 55-58 resonance, right pull, tire wear, steering kick on bumps and a skittish rear end on bumps all should have been discovered and corrected way before release of the car. I think these guys supplied the space shuttle fuel sensor.

·
Registered
78 Posts
chamby- There is no way that you should have lost that case to Chrysler. Documentation of this problem is all over the internet.

I'd get on the phone to your lawyer and ask him why he lost the case. Also ask him what did I get for my 4 g's, a lost hearing? I'd be sooooo pissed off at that lawyer he'd never see a dime of my money.

Now get on the phone and call that jerk and let him know that you are not at all happy with his incompetence. He's the reason you lost.

Sorry for being harsh.

·
Registered
375 Posts
The good thing that came out of this..... all of us can demand better tires from DC. They admitted that they put a piece of junk on their cars. No matter what warranty says they made a poor choice, ppor testing and QC and done ntohing to rectify the problem. Cars are still rolling out of with the same tires.

·
Registered
35 Posts
There must also be an appeal process, probably costs money. If I was you I would call the local TV station, to let them report how a small guy got screwed by the big Corporation, his lawyer and the government. They love this sort of thing. :AR15firin

·
Registered
5 Posts
joey said:
So they win because the right lead/pull is caused by the tires?
May be some truth to that, actually. With different tires on my car, I have it aligned now to original factory spec and it doesn't pull; with the Continentals on there, even aligned to the TSB spec it still pulled a little to the right.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
JustMe74 said:
May be some truth to that, actually. With different tires on my car, I have it aligned now to original factory spec and it doesn't pull; with the Continentals on there, even aligned to the TSB spec it still pulled a little to the right.
While I was at the dealer today waiting for my oil change, I test drove a new 300C with 275/40/20's, to see how the ride was. This dealer modifies a lot of the new 300's.
The ride/steering was rock solid and the car drove straight as an arrow. No wandering or crown sensitive feeling like I get from the Conti self sealers. I have 9000 miles on the Conti's, which are wearing well, but I think it is time to seriously start look at getting new rims and tires sooner than later.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I hadn't wanted to go to larger wheels. I would just as soon stay with the 18's but a different profile, a size that has more than just 2 manufacturers, I think is certainly in order.
My Conti self-sealers are wearing pretty well I think; hard to tell at about 4K. I want to go to probably a 50 or 55 series tire, and see what that will do for me. Thinking about BFG's next time up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts