Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to put rims on my 300C '07 Heritage. Currently I have the stock 18"
's. Does anyone have any feed back as to which size of rim and tire to purchase that will run without rubbing on the wheel wells. I'd prefer to run the 24"'s due to the fact that they fill up the wheel wells. Afraid this will affect the ride.

·
Registered
18 Posts
24s

go with the 24.. 275/25/24..18 offset ..shave down upper ball joint bolt..roll the fenders just to be on safe side..had to roll mine due to the roads out here in az..sometimes u may catch the lip of the fronts with out doing so ..good luck

·
Administrator
19,620 Posts
Or go with 22's and a 1.5" to 2" set of lowering springs. You will have to roll the inner fenders in any event. 24's give you less tire sidewall to play with (22's with the right offset can run a 35) so 24's will definitely feel a bit bumpy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think the biggest you should go is 20" i just traded in my Charger i had 22" rims on it and the ride sucked it look good but the ride suck. so i reduce the size to 20" srt8 replicas and the ride was much better. now i have a 2012 chrysler 300 limited with factory 18s and i love the ride so smooth and comfortable i think i will eventually put 20" wheels on my Chrysler but that's the biggest i will go. So it all depends on your purpose. 20" wheels look good also so you cant loose..

·
Registered
206 Posts
go with the 24.. 275/25/24..18 offset ..shave down upper ball joint bolt..roll the fenders just to be on safe side..had to roll mine due to the roads out here in az..sometimes u may catch the lip of the fronts with out doing so ..good luck
Where in AZ? I'm in Tucson with 22's and a 2 plus drop. Love the look and the ride.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
36 Posts
I faced this same question and finally decided to go with 22's for a no-mod installation (stock height). 22x9.5 with +15mm on 265/35's and it drives almost the same as the cushy OEM 18's; we're luvin' it! And no noticeable loss in acceleration characteristics on the 3.5L; very surprising as we noticed a definite drop in acceleration on a 03 V8 Expy with 24x10's, 265/35's, on top of a much more harsher ride in the Expy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts