1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just came from the shop mounting my new wheels

22X9.5 avarus wheels
22X10.5
link to wheels: American Wheel and Tire - Avarus AV2 wheels and tires - Houston Texas

Prielli scorpion tires
265/35/22
295/30/22

The tires are rubbing on the inner wheel well in the back.When mounted they will not even move?! Very close to what looks like an uppercontrol arm or a arm in the front.

Has anyone else ran into this similar situation? The shop ordered 1/2" spacers with special lug nuts and hopefully will try this later today. Your feedback would be appreicated

·
Registered
613 Posts
I would stay away from spacers. Sounds like the shop has the wrong offset rims for your car make them take them back and get wheels that fit. It will save you money and hassles done the road.

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
I would stay away from spacers. Sounds like the shop has the wrong offset rims for your car make them take them back and get wheels that fit. It will save you money and hassles done the road.
they are mounting the spacers right now so we'll see.
1/2" spacers????
:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

Hope it works out... but I would follow diddy's advice very quickly,,,,, just my opinion

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
dude.........are you sure??

there have been over 3 people that I know have had that exact same avarus combo on their LX

are you sure its rubbing...........

PLEASE..............tell the shop to drop the car to the ground after they mount them..........they WILL rub on the inner fenders when its jacked up in the air..........

they SHOULD NOT contact the fenders once you put it on the ground!!!

you didnt clarify whether the shop tried this before they said it wont rotate

this VERY thing happened to a member over at the chargerforums.com

let us know.........and a 1/2" spacer is alot..........that would make those wheels REALLY stick out in the back..........

·
Registered
697 Posts
dude.........are you sure??

there have been over 3 people that I know have had that exact same avarus combo on their LX

are you sure its rubbing...........

PLEASE..............tell the shop to drop the car to the ground after they mount them..........they WILL rub on the inner fenders when its jacked up in the air..........

they SHOULD NOT contact the fenders once you put it on the ground!!!

you didnt clarify whether the shop tried this before they said it wont rotate

this VERY thing happened to a member over at the chargerforums.com

let us know.........and a 1/2" spacer is alot..........that would make those wheels REALLY stick out in the back..........
X2. This should be the cause.

·
Registered
10 Posts
What offset did you get? I bought the same rims from tirerack with a 25mm offset...they arrive today!!!!! It better not rub! It is better? I am thinking about sticking a 265/35 on the rear for that reason...please advise...I would stay away from spacers...Chumly

·
Registered
10 Posts
Tirerack's rims are 20mm front on 9.5 inch wide and 25 mm rear with 10.5 inch wide...what are your offsets? Is it because my SRT8 can handle slightly bigger tires/wheel combo? To me all Chryslers should be the SAME! Someone chime in please! Thanks...Chumly a.k.a worry wart

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
chumly, dont sweat it.......

Ive seen plenty of the AV2's in that exact combo on a 300/charger/magnum

Im almost certain that his shop didnt lay the car down from the rack after they mounted them.........

another guy had the same scenerio............wouldnt move in the air, laid it down, no rubbing at all!!!!

hopeful midwest24's will chime in sometime this week!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the heads up I will be heading to my local tire shop asap. Especially after I'm lost some serious rubber from hitting bumos and not having the fenders rolled! Damn it! The car looks hot though! Much better than the last wheels I had.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for the reply...I will print this off and hand it to my tire and wheel guys to make sure they don't panic! It makes sense that they do not turn in the air because the suspension will take the wheels and point them outwards causing the contact...set'em down and it works...Great news!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts