Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well guys, i am about to drive back from las vegas to tacoma, wa. i would like to talk about my adventure with the car and how it held up! i have a 2006 chrysler 300c and traveled to las vegas from tacoma via I-5 through Cali. it was a 1300 mile trip with my family. i have a 2" drop with 22's on (yes im nuts but its vegas baby!! gotta bling out).

i am rather impressed with how the engine handled the long trip through the mountains and down the passes. i averaged almost 400 miles per tank using shell gasoline 89 octane. my trunk was loaded and i had a family inside as well. i had no issues with my springs through the entire trip and the wheels held up with no issues as well. i hit some heavy bumps here and there and i almost shat myself. no damage to the wheels! man, im lucky!

once i made it into town, i checked my oil level. i was still topped out and good to go. that is always a plus. one thing i love about vegas are the straight roads and how the speed limit is 45mph in city limits (almost everywhere). that gave me the chance to floor it a few times and listen to the HEMI roar. in tacoma, this is a little hard to do. traffic everywhere! i managed to cruise the strip and my wife said people were staring at our ride with the wheels on it and the slammed look. it was a great feeling! what better place to cruise than down the strip of vegas where thousands and thousands of people are hanging out!

so for all those who want to take their hemi out on a nice road trip, fear not! it will handle it with no problems ! im about to take my return trip back home very soon so i expect the same out of my 300c.

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
And your average MPG was.... ?

Good story, and reminiscent of the journey west (7000 miles) my wife and I took in our H.E. when it was just a month old.

Glad your 22s made it in fine shape and that you didn't hit anything while slammed rolling over bumpbs, etc.

Now tell us you brought some winnings back from Vegas and we'll really be impressed! LOL

·
Super Moderator
5,077 Posts
At a 400 mile range if you ran it to empty(19 gallons) that be 21 mpg.More than likely at least a gallon and a half was left.which would be 22 mpg.
Driving on the sedate side this week (65-70) on mostly highway about 98 mile each way,I'm averaging 26.3. '07 C with 9,000 miles

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Thanks for sharing your trip down to Las Vegas via Cali. And to think you were going to sell your awesome 300c for an Escalade! It's really good to hear just how well this vehicle holds up with a fully loaded family, luggage, and another one on the way!

Have a safe trip home to Washington St.
bruno

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i still need an suv. it would be more comfortable to drive back in! oh well, ill have my fun with the 300. the computer says i was averaging anywhere between 22-24mpg so it does equate to around 400 miles per tank. that is inclusive of rolling hills and climbing the passes. mount shasta is very nice this time of year!
hopefully someone will do a search on driving with 22's and come across this thread. i have some guts to do what i did! the barstow area is no joke! that area is rough on cars.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i made it home in 1 piece. it was a fun road trip. i stopped just north of sacramento to spend the night and drove onward. i got hit hard by rain by the time i made it back into washington. this car handles great on the curves of the siskyou mountains. its a great experience! here are a few things i have learned:

1. shell gasoline is the best!!
2. dane cook can keep you awake even in the middle of the night
3. fast food only tastes good for so long...
4. vegas is so much fun!
5. i love the sound of the hemi accelerating down the freeway off the ramps
6. cruise control is the greatest invention ever made

now that i am home, it is time to tint my windows. i can thank my local post office for being so slow. i ordered some pre-cut tint from seattle 1 week prior to leaving and it shows up 2 days after i left. WTF!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Me and my wife and are 300c lowered on 20s are doing a road trip to Las Vegas on the first week in april we are taking a week to get there spending a week there and takeing a week to come home cant wait.we are thinking about coming back though washington and taking the farry back in to BC before we come home

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thanks for sharing very interesting post.
My Mom has moved 400 miles away and all other family is in MD., DC. and Jersry plan to do lots of visiting when weather warms up.
Have some idea of what to expect with the trips I am planning.

Hope you had some winnings with your trip. Sounds like it was a fun trip for you and yours

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i didnt gamble much. i was too busy chasing the kids around my parents house and the hotels. gets a little tiring after a while lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts