Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone,

I am heading out on a road trip next week from Oklahoma to Indiana and need some advice if there is any to give.

What should i look out for with the car, on the road, and anything in between. We are stopping in St louis to stay one night and wonder if any of yall know a great place we must eat at or see? Also i will be in the Muncie Indiana area if anyone knows of any things to see there.

thanks
B

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
Never been to St Louis but if I ever were to find myself there i'd have to check out the Arch (that IS where the arch is , isn't it?:pat: ).

As for the car, I've experienced no finer road trip automobile than my 300C; whether cruising on the interstate or exploring curvy mountain backroads (ok you don't have mountains:biggrin: ) this car is superb. I drove for 14 hours straight one day over 3 mountain ranges and all types of roads, and was still comfortable and relaxed when I finally stopped for the night. I averaged 22.6 mpg over the entire 2600 mile trip and I did NOT drive like grandma either!

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
The Anheiser Busch plant tour in STL is worth the time... or the STL version of Museum of Science and Industry... I think it's called the Monstra-city Museum. Lots of fun. Will be tough to do it all in a day.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Awesome, im making a trip to Indiana myself next week, im leaving on the 9th sun. driving straight through, i should be there sunday night some time...and then on monday the charger goes bye bye and i say hello to my SRT8 C...Ill be in Indiana all week too...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
-----bump-----

·
Registered
465 Posts
awesome road trip planned. i did my trip from washington to nevada and my 300c held up perfect. i was even crazier driving with 22's on a 2" drop with a full load of luggage and family. no issues! i recommend you use SHELL gasoline. i kid you not, i got at least a 50 mile increase in tank useage after a couple of fills. i had my mileage sitting near 300 miles at a quarter tank and after a couple of shell fills, i was at 350 at a quarter tank. also, listen to some Dane Cook on your drive. that will keep you awake and alive! lol!

·
Registered
57 Posts
BIGBMC79: With you Z2 and bluetooth when you talk on the phone does your speakers cut in and out from front to rear sometimes? I have the metra harness and it seems to cut out all the time from front to rear when I am talking with the bluetooth. Do you have AIM or MSN to talk more?

Thanks,
Pat

1 - 7 of 7 Posts