Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from a 350 mile weekend road trip. Some random thoughts:

75 mph highway, cruise control: 20.1 mpg

Highway driving: Most enjoyable road cruising I think I've ever done. The seats were very comfortable for at least the 3 hours straight that I drove, the auto climate control works flawlessly, the automatic windshield wipers are leagues better than the BMW version, the Nav works nicely.

Sirius satellite radio: Wasn't sold on it ahead of time, but after one road trip, I don't think I'll ever be back to FM again. Boston Accoustics sounds very nice for a factory stereo. Satellite and CD are both great.

Bluetooth phone: If you buy this car - buy a bluetooth phone!! It works that well!!!! I will never buy another car without bluetooth now.

Top speed? ;) I'm guessing it really could beat the artificial governor. If the speedo is accurate - this beast has got legs.

Secret tidbit: I think the 300 crowd already knows this, but if you hold down the music note button and the compass button (either side of the steering wheel controls) at the same time for about 5 seconds, the dash screen enters diagnostic mode. You can cycle through engine temp, heading info to the nearest degree (instead of N, NW, W, etc), throttle position as a % of full throttle, and a digital speedometer, and more.

The digital speedo was good for watching exact top speed. :D

·
Banned
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Twist the wipers from "0" (off) by one click. To speed up the sensitivity, twist additional stops. Sometimes, you may need to twist back and forth once to "wake up" the wipers. I had mine set to "on" on Friday. It didn't rain Saturday. When I encountered some rain today, the wipers automatically started back up. Worked very well overall.

·
Registered
179 Posts
JMatt said:

75 mph highway, cruise control: 20.1 mpg

Highway driving: Most enjoyable road cruising I think I've ever done. The seats were very comfortable for at least the 3 hours straight that I drove, the auto climate control works flawlessly, the automatic windshield wipers are leagues better than the BMW version, the Nav works nicely.

Sirius satellite radio: Wasn't sold on it ahead of time, but after one road trip, I don't think I'll ever be back to FM again. Boston Accoustics sounds very nice for a factory stereo. Satellite and CD are both great.

Bluetooth phone: If you buy this car - buy a bluetooth phone!! It works that well!!!! I will never buy another car without bluetooth now.

Top speed? ;) I'm guessing it really could beat the artificial governor. If the speedo is accurate - this beast has got legs.

Secret tidbit: I think the 300 crowd already knows this, but if you hold down the music note button and the compass button (either side of the steering wheel controls) at the same time for about 5 seconds, the dash screen enters diagnostic mode. You can cycle through engine temp, heading info to the nearest degree (instead of N, NW, W, etc), throttle position as a % of full throttle, and a digital speedometer, and more.

The digital speedo was good for watching exact top speed. :D
funny. . you took some of the words out of my mouth. The Nav system, and Bluetooth, are better in some ways, than my Bimmer. Also, sattelite never had much appeal, but now that I have it, can't imagine life without it. Going to take a long road trip...Michigan to Florida. Should be fun...

·
Administrator
14,572 Posts
Hi jMatt, SRT8/BMW & XCITsNU:

Do you guys know of any specific models of Bluetooth phones that are available? I was at the Bell store a few days before picking my SRT8 up, and they only had one phone. I have no idea who makes it other than it had "Blackberry" on it. It was ugly & looked like a calculator with a small keyboard. I just want something that at least looks like a phone. I don't really need any sort of PDA. I've got 5 phones as it is.

Thanks

Rambit :)

·
Registered
529 Posts
Rambit said:
Hi jMatt, SRT8/BMW & XCITsNU:

Do you guys know of any specific models of Bluetooth phones that are available? I was at the Bell store a few days before picking my SRT8 up, and they only had one phone. I have no idea who makes it other than it had "Blackberry" on it. It was ugly & looked like a calculator with a small keyboard. I just want something that at least looks like a phone. I don't really need any sort of PDA. I've got 5 phones as it is.

Thanks

You asked the same question on another thread and I told you to try Rogers as they have a variety of bluetooth phones. I have the Sony Ericksen T616 which did not cost me anything and also came with a camera.

·
Administrator
14,572 Posts
Mikeyjohn said:
You asked the same question on another thread and I told you to try Rogers as they have a variety of bluetooth phones. I have the Sony Ericksen T616 which did not cost me anything and also came with a camera.
Sorry Mikeyjohn :eek: Are you "tracking" me? :D

I don't remember that post. Must have been when I was in my hyper-anxiety phase prior to picking my car up. The only problem & have is that I'm locked into Bell for 2 years. I just bought a stupid camera phone a few months ago that cost $699 that I never even use for a camera. Dumb move as I have a digital SLR camera.

Can I buy a bluetooth from Rogers & have it hooked up through Bell? I'd like to keep my number as the last 4 are the same as my house phone.

Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Bluetooth Phone

All, I have the Palm Treo 650. My car has'nt arrived yet, but I can't wait to try it!!

MichSRT8

·
Registered
128 Posts
JMatt said:

Secret tidbit: I think the 300 crowd already knows this, but if you hold down the music note button and the compass button (either side of the steering wheel controls) at the same time for about 5 seconds, the dash screen enters diagnostic mode.
:D
What compass button are you referring to on either side of the steering wheel controls? :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
srt42 said:
What compass button are you referring to on either side of the steering wheel controls? :confused:
Steering wheel radio/etc. controls...look closely at them, in addition to + and -, there are other symbols.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Rambit,

If you have a GSM phone with Bell your best option is eBay. You will have a better selection of Bluetooth phones, you can search eBay for an unlocked GSM phone for a fraction of the cost.

Please note the information provided above might not be clearly defined as I am anxiously waiting in my hyper-anxiety phase.

Playdo

·
Registered
750 Posts
Bluetooth research

Rambit said:
Can I buy a bluetooth from Rogers & have it hooked up through Bell? I'd like to keep my number as the last 4 are the same as my house phone.

Thanks

Rambit

Chrysler have a list of Bluetooth phones that they say are "certain" to work with U-connect

Go to this link:
http://www.chrysler.com/300/features/interior_styling/sound_systems.html
click: U-connect ........... Getting started ........... Compatible phones

check if any of these Bluetooth phones are supplied by Bell

If you really want a Bluetooth phone not on the list; search this thread for any problems

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2157&highlight=treo

It'll be worth checking before buying ;)

If needed PM me

Votre cher ami :p

Zilla :)

·
Administrator
14,572 Posts
goddardzilla said:
Rambit

Chrysler have a list of Bluetooth phones that they say are "certain" to work with U-connect

Go to this link:
http://www.chrysler.com/300/features/interior_styling/sound_systems.html
click: U-connect ........... Getting started ........... Compatible phones

check if any of these Bluetooth phones are supplied by Bell

If you really want a Bluetooth phone not on the list; search this thread for any problems

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2157&highlight=treo

It'll be worth checking before buying ;)

If needed PM me

Votre cher ami :p

Thanks zilla, but I already have a list of about 20 or so phones. The problem is Bell in Canada does not use GSM so they only have 1 PDA type phone that will work. I have 5 cell phones and 1 with a 2 year contract. I've heard it'll 2 years till they switch over and get with the rest of the world. It seems like only yesterday that we got rid of party lines and rotary dial phones. :mad:

Rogers has a better selection, but I can't switch right now because of the contract or I'd have to pay a large penalty. As it is my cell phone bills are around $300 a month. I also would like to keep my cell phone number as the last 4 digits are the same as my house phone. I've already asked if I bought a phone from Rogers if I could use it with Bell and the answer is no. I need to get another tin can & string as this one's rusting out.

Rambit

·
Registered
170 Posts
Call me if you contiue to have issues. I know the rain is coming our way ;)

XCITsNU said:
My sentiments EXACTLY. Purely a dream to drive.

JMatt, one question. My automatic windshield wipers aren't kicking on. Did you need to do anything specific to get them to work?

·
Registered
750 Posts
Rambit said:
The problem is Bell in Canada does not use GSM so they only have 1 PDA type phone that will work I've heard it'll 2 years till they switch over and get with the rest of the world. It seems like only yesterday that we got rid of party lines and rotary dial phones. :mad:

Rogers has a better selection, but I can't switch right now because of the contract or I'd have to pay a large penalty. I also would like to keep my cell phone number as the last 4 digits are the same as my house phone. I've already asked if I bought a phone from Rogers if I could use it with Bell and the answer is no. I need to get another tin can & string as this one's rusting out.

Rambit
I have some similar issues with Fido and Rogers- looking at the 7100r - I think the CRTC should step in - I emailed them.

Zilla

·
Administrator
14,572 Posts
goddardzilla said:
I have some similar issues with Fido and Rogers- looking at the 7100r - I think the CRTC should step in - I emailed them.

Zilla
Yeah, we're way behind the US and Europe for that matter on this one. CRTC, another reason why we don't have satellite radio! See ya...

Rambit

·
Registered
170 Posts
I’m sorry, am I so far off to think that satellites reach EVERYWHERE? Is the CA government so liberal that they forbid satellite reception? I thought my Sirius worked fine when I was up there last summer.

PS Don’t tell Redman, he’s a government agent sent here to spy on us ;]

·
Administrator
14,572 Posts
indyCoder said:
I’m sorry, am I so far off to think that satellites reach EVERYWHERE? Is the CA government so liberal that they forbid satellite reception? I thought my Sirius worked fine when I was up there last summer.

PS Don’t tell Redman, he’s a government agent sent here to spy on us ;]
We have to steal it from you. :D It's not a problem with receiving the signal here in Canada.

Rambit

·
Registered
750 Posts
re # portability

Rambit said:
Yeah, we're way behind the US and Europe for that matter on this one. CRTC, another reason why we don't have satellite radio! See ya...

Rambit
Rambit I received this reply - standard computer generated government crap or?

Wireless Number portability has been mandated by regulatory authorities in a number of countries. Since 1998, mandatory implementation had been delayed by challenges in courts by wireless carriers in the United States, and the date of November 24, 2003 was set for the implementation of wireless number portability in the 100 largest metropolitan areas in that country.

In Canada, there is some consumer demand for wireless number portability, mainly from subscribers who extensively advertise their cellular telephone number for business or social purposes and seek to change wireless service provider. Wireless carriers generally oppose mandatory number portability obligations, citing high industry costs and concerns about increased subscriber churn. It is important that the Commission is aware of your concerns and appreciates the impact of this decision on consumers, I am therefore forwarding your correspondence to our Telecommunications Directorate.

I trust this information is helpful.

Lucie Sincennes
CRTC Client Services
1-877-249-2782 /[email protected]/ télécopieur/facsimile (819) 994-0218
Conseil de la radiodiffusion et des télécommunications canadiennes / Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0N2
Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission / Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0N2
Gouvernement du Canada/Government of Canada

·
Registered
35 Posts
A timely update to this thread ...

CWTA Targeted Information
April 25 2005

Canada's Wireless Industry to Implement Number Portability

Customers to have the option of retaining phone numbers when changing service providers

Ottawa - April 21, 2005 - The Canadian Wireless Telecommunications Association (CWTA) is pleased to announce that Canada's wireless carriers* have agreed to implement number portability in Canada, and have begun the planning efforts required to achieve this result.

Number portability will enable Canada's wireless customers to keep the same phone number when changing service providers within the same local serving area. Consistent with the Government of Canada's definition of wireless number portability, customers will also be able to keep the same phone number when transferring their landline phone service to wireless service and vice versa.

"In support of the recent Federal budget directive to move expeditiously to implement wireless number portability, the CWTA will contract an independent consultant to complete a comprehensive project plan outlining specific milestones for this process," said CWTA President and CEO Peter Barnes. "It is expected that the plan will be completed by September 1, 2005." Upon approval of the plan and agreement on a common start date, it is the intention of CWTA and the wireless carriers to begin the implementation of the plan.

The implementation of number portability is a massive and complex undertaking. This initial planning stage is critical to ensure that Canadians are not burdened with the significant implementation challenges that were faced by customers in other countries. Government representatives will be invited to observe this process and to assist where appropriate.

The wireless industry looks forward to continuing to provide Canada's 15 million wireless phone subscribers with the world class services they have come to expect from Canada's wireless carriers.

Canadian Wireless Telecommunications Association (CWTA)
CWTA is the authority on wireless issues, developments and trends in Canada. It represents cellular, PCS, messaging, mobile radio, fixed wireless and mobile satellite carriers as well as companies that develop and produce products and services for the industry.

* Aliant Mobility, Bell Mobility, Bruce Municipal Telephone System, MTS Mobility, Rogers Wireless (including Fido), SaskTel Mobility, Sogetel Mobilité, Télébec Mobilité, TBayTel Mobility and TELUS Mobility.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts