Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) I stopped at my 5* yesterday and spoke with the body shop about rock chip protection and he put me onto a detailer that they use for this service. The guy was quite upfront and stated that he felt he would be doing a bunch of these cars in the near future and had checked out the 3M shield and his quote to me was $250-$300 Cdn. I will have this done when my car comes in.

I had read somewhere on one of these 300 sites where someone had paid close to $1000 US. Yikes!!! Anybody interested in doing this should check around before buying. I wish I had done this protection on my 300M.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Are you referring to the clear plastic tape like material that is stuck on the paint or something else???

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
I have X-Pel paint protection on my E55. Parts ($400) and labor ($300) totals $700.

www.xpel.com

Damn, I can see the $1k total. The complete X-Pel kit with headlamp and foglight protection totals $722.75. Expect $300 labor for full kit.

hood & fender kit:

grille kit:

upper bumper kit:

lower bumper kit:

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This quote I got includes all of the front protected including about a foot of the hood for the price I mentioned and that includes install. This is the 3M protection.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i heard that once you take off teh protection, you can see some color differences in the protected and non protected part. i'm guessing that this discoloration comes from the sun. *shrugs*

·
Registered
588 Posts
One of the things I've noticed about the new front end is that there is minimal paint vertically exposed to chipping due to its design. Most objects that hit the front tend to fly upwards. Watch the bug impact and you'll get the idea.

Just the front bumper should be subject to chipping. The rest of the front end is either chrome, headlights or grille. I am concerned about protecting the headlight lenses but have seen no products yet for their protection. There were some clear plastic covers on the market for the LH series.

I don't plan to add any other "protection" to this one.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
mileshoover said:
I am concerned about protecting the headlight lenses but have seen no products yet for their protection.
mileshoover, Xpel.com list headlamp protection for $42.95 but shows no picture.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Watch the headlamp protection. My Alfa 164 had protection on the headlidhts and worked well. Several forum members reported overheating and blown foglamps with protection on them. If we have HID lamps is the cure worse than the disease

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes I work for one of those companies.... it does cost about $900-1000 installed... if you are paying 250-300 cdn make sure that they are using either 3M or Ventureshield.. cause it should cost more than because they would be taking a loss.... Just make sure they are not using saran wrap.... lol

·
Registered
415 Posts
Are you sure they are not just giving you like clear coat or some polymer coat?

Do any of you remember a made for TV product from blue coral that claimed it was as easy as to wax a car, and after it was done and dried, it was a clear glass shiel that protected against chips, scratches and so on... they even showed them puting gas over the hood and setting it on fired, they put out the fire and whiped the hood clean... and it was back to the shiny finish...

hmmm all of that for $30 a bottle... now I wonder why something so good and so cheap is not the #1 product in the automotive world? :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts