Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This car seems like a rock magnet. I already have two decent sized chips from stray rocks. I have never had to deal with with problem before, so I was wondering if someone could reccomend what to use for touch up and in terms of rock chip protection.

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Due to EPA and environmental regulations ALL auto paints used by manufacturers are extremely soft. The hardners that they were able to use are no longer available to large manufacturers.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Rock Chips

Just where are you getting these chips? I intend to go with the invisable shields by Zebart when my car comes in and they will do the front of the car and part of the hood and the cost here in Canada is .$250.00 CDN. This quote was over the phone so I will go to a dealer next week and check this price.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Front End Protection

I have 3M Paint Protection Film on my CTS, you have to look real close to see it and it does work. That's one of the first things I'm adding to the 300C when I get it. Still waiting, order on May 8th.

Attachments

·
Registered
208 Posts
Funny that you post this today because I have been in contact with this company about a possible group buy on the paint protection products. Are any of you interested in such a group buy?

Personally, I am only interested in the lower bumper kit. IMO I dont really see a need for the hood portion, but thats just the way I feel.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would be interested, but it would depend on prices, shipping, etc.. keep us posted!

I don't know where I got one on the hood from, but I got one near the sunroof while being behind a track that happend to be carrying gravel on the highway. There was a tarp on top so I didn't notice and *thud*. I lucky it was only a chip because it sounded as though it was much worse.

Anyone have any suggestions on what to use for touch up? The car is black.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Ok, heres the deal. If we can get a minimum of 6 people to order a "full kit" then there will be a 25% discount on the actual product, but shipping charges will remain the same.

If the prices are the same for as the Magnum prices, the total without shipping is $387.64. Thats a very good price for the whole kit.

EDIT: The price would be $391.43. Its a little more expensive than the Magnum kit

·
Registered
110 Posts
That price seems more that the websites non-discounted price. I would sign up for the whole kit if it was around $280 ish. I am interested though. I can't stand rock and paint ships.

·
Registered
182 Posts
aspendog said:
Due to EPA and environmental regulations ALL auto paints used by manufacturers are extremely soft. The hardners that they were able to use are no longer available to large manufacturers.
Thanks Treehugger low-lifes. :mad:

·
Registered
208 Posts
GMLind said:
That price seems more that the websites non-discounted price. I would sign up for the whole kit if it was around $280 ish. I am interested though. I can't stand rock and paint ships.

The websites starting price is $231.95 (hood only) and if you want the full kit, you have to add $289.95 for a total of $521.90.

Reddog67 said:
I'm interested, but only in the front bumper, not the hood
If purchased separately, or only one item at a time,

The bumper kit is $289.95
The hood & grill kit $231.95
The entire kit $521.90

I am only interested in the front bumper cover as well, but for $100 more i can get 2 more pieces that would normally cost over $230. I am just going to sell the pieces I dont use.

EDIT: I updated the prices above

·
Registered
575 Posts
The problem with this is who is going to apply it. I've read it's not a trivial operation to install. I plan on getting it done once my car gets delivered, but I will take to some place, and get that, the tint and alarm installed all at once. I do appreciate what you have done with this and the grill group buys, but I'll pass on the paint protection.

·
Registered
208 Posts
C-Man said:
The problem with this is who is going to apply it. I've read it's not a trivial operation to install. I plan on getting it done once my car gets delivered, but I will take to some place, and get that, the tint and alarm installed all at once. I do appreciate what you have done with this and the grill group buys, but I'll pass on the paint protection.
Straight from the website;

"While “easy-to-follow” instructions are provided, you may choose to a have the kit professionally installed. Please check each InvisiGARD Paint Protection kit’s Installation Difficulty Rating for reference. If you require an installer simply ask us and we’ll do our best to assist you in finding one."

"As long as it is wet during installation you can move it around as need be."

"You will receive one (1) squeegee with your kit. We also have squeegees available for purchase. Just ask us."

Heres a link to their FAQ's

BTW, Im in Clearwater right now...do I hear Wing House calling us :D

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
This is a good deal? I don't think so, this stuff can be bought a heck of a lot cheaper and I would suggest that it be installed by professionals, or you can throw your money down the toilet!!!!

My quote for the 3M kit from Zebart here in Canada is $250.00 installed and that's in Cdn dollars, and that includes the whole front of the car plus the hood.

Get more than one quote and you won't go wrong!!!!

·
Registered
575 Posts
LakersFan said:
BTW, Im in Clearwater right now...do I hear Wing House calling us :D
Hey, that's right down the streeet from where I work. Let me know if you want to meet for lunch sometime during the week. Did you get it tinted in Clearwater? and if so where and how good of a job did they do? Thanks

·
Registered
208 Posts
Mikeyjohn said:
This is a good deal? I don't think so, this stuff can be bought a heck of a lot cheaper and I would suggest that it be installed by professionals, or you can throw your money down the toilet!!!!

My quote for the 3M kit from Zebart here in Canada is $250.00 installed and that's in Cdn dollars, and that includes the whole front of the car plus the hood.

Get more than one quote and you won't go wrong!!!!
Im trying to help everyone out here and I dont need you to come in bash what Ive been working on. I appreciate all opinions but I think theres a better way to put it.

Thats amazing that you can get that kit installed for $183 US dollars. Im sorry but unless you know somebody or someone owes you a favor, theres no way that kit should be that cheap. Hell, if you can get it for that price installed, I would imagine $100 of that would be for labor so that would be around $83 for the kit. Can you organize a group buy for us maybe? :confused: :confused: If not, at least point us in the right direction :confused:

I wouldnt mind paying around $60-70 for a $600 kit

·
Registered
110 Posts
LakersFan,

Thanks for the price clarification, I will be interested in whatever group buy we end up going with. I assume the install is like tinted windows. Soapy water solution on the adhesive area, slide it into the correct spot, squeege out the bubbles, let dry. This would not be hard to do.

I appreciate your efforts. Count me in.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts