Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone used this yet? I met a guy at a car show today with a crazy sound system using the stock nav head unit. He said he used this product and by use of bluetooth he can control the frequency of all the components via his laptop or windows mobile phone. So this is pretty much for people who dont want to mess with their stock head unit but have after market sound. I will definitely be looking into this really soon. Rockford Fosgate® - Signal Processors

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
The Rockford system is a very good piece. I question whether it's really
needed if you don't have the Nav or Uconnect, however. If you have
those, then the obvious choice is to use it to correct the sound
after the stock amp. This is because for Nav voice and Uconnect,
the radio has to be connected to the amp, otherwise you will lose
those functions.

In addition to the 3sixty from RF, look into the following:

JL cleansweep
Alpine PXE-H650
MTX Re-Q, Re-Q5

If you want more feed back see if you can PM another member of
this board and the LX forum named Mr. Incredible. He's using
the 3sixty in his system.

I didn't have the NAV or Uconnect, so I went directly from my radio
into a standard LOC. If you search this forum, there was a member
who owned an audio shop and actually measured the output level
and frequency response of the stock heads. Surprisingly the level
was good and the frequency response was ruler flat!!!! This basically
means that the factory EQ is programmed into the amp, so if the amp
can be eliminated, you'll be able to get very good sound.

And as I mentioned before, If you have the previously mentioned features,
you'll need to retain the stock amp, so you would likely benefit from
the 3sixty or one of the other pieces I mentioned.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
42 Posts
hate to hijack. but does the mtx re-q work as well as the JL or the fosgate unit?
because i noticed that the mtx unit was alot cheaper.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
The reQ is a cool piece because it does adjust the factory eq. However,
it does not have the level of adjustment that the others do.

One cool item is that it gives you a separate sub out. And yes
based on what I've seen you can use it to get a good signal to your
amps.

If you are looking at the reQ, give the reQ-5 a look also. instead
of the 2 sets of outputs, I think it actually does a 5 channel out,
if I'm not mistaken.

don't want to sound like an MTX commercial though... Being that
I went without any of the processors....

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I like many others here used the Audiocontrol LC8 (or LC6).......it functioned very well and retained all factory functions!!!

it is a few hundred dollars cheaper than the models you guys talk about

AND allows you to retain the factory steering wheel controls!!!!

not to threadjack, but I went another route for my stereo in the Charger and have one laying in my garage if anyone's interested, Pm me..............

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
I like many others here used the Audiocontrol LC8 (or LC6).......it functioned very well and retained all factory functions!!!

it is a few hundred dollars cheaper than the models you guys talk about

AND allows you to retain the factory steering wheel controls!!!!
yep i have the lc8.....great product!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
yep^^^

and you can get them (the LC8) for under 200 bucks shipped too on ebay!!!

·
Registered
215 Posts
i have the 360.2 and had the audio control before. let me say this i bought 2-360.2 processors for $400 from a kid who crashed his car. and i had my boy who owns a stereo install school tune it in. i have a avic d3 deck 4-6.5 focals for inside speakers and 2 jl audio 12" w6 subs with 1-300/4 jl v2 amp and 2-500/1 jl audio v2 amps and this is the clearest system i have ever heard the bass is incredile it allows you to tune the system perfectly. i highly say get it you will love it.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
why would you need to use a 360 if you have an avic d3.........

the whole point of the RF 360 unit is to tune a factory head unit's signals, right?

·
Registered
215 Posts
why would you need to use a 360 if you have an avic d3.........

the whole point of the RF 360 unit is to tune a factory head unit's signals, right?
because the 360.2 allows you to tune in each speaker by itself and the subwoofer alone. it allows you to tune in the x-over on the interior speakers adjust or retard the timing so that all of the speakers hit your ears at the same time. put it this way my system was loud and had some serious bass with 2 12" w6's. now the bass is even tighter and louder and when i hear the music inside if you sit with you eyes closed you swear that who ever is playing in my cd or ipod is singing right in front of you. you can also hook up your ipod to it and adjust the bitmaps to all be the same. i am telling you i was a firm beleiver in y audio control but my boy said to buy the 360.2 i couldnt justify the price until i found 2 for $ 400 but the diff. between my system then and now is alot different.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can someone who has used both broducts provide a comparison between the lc8 to the 360.1 or 2? i see there is a bit of a price difference and i would actually like to know if the 360 is definitely worth the extra money..

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
well one thing i know if you go with the 360 or cleansweep....you cant use the volume knob on your head unit... you have to adjust the volume by the external knob that the 360 or CL provides...why you ask? well once you calibrate the 360 or the CL you cant touch the volume or you will lose all calabration....which means if by accident you hit your volume button on the steering wheel or if you turn the knob on your stereo you will have to re calibrate to be correct...now will it still work...yes but it wont sound right..

·
Registered
215 Posts
well one thing i know if you go with the 360 or cleansweep....you cant use the volume knob on your head unit... you have to adjust the volume by the external knob that the 360 or CL provides...why you ask? well once you calibrate the 360 or the CL you cant touch the volume or you will lose all calabration....which means if by accident you hit your volume button on the steering wheel or if you turn the knob on your stereo you will have to re calibrate to be correct...now will it still work...yes but it wont sound right..

the knob you get with the 360.2 is ONLY for extra bass control i use my factory knob on the avic d3 or my steering control volume buttons. atleast for the 360.2 the is not true at all

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ohh ok .. i think i will just stick with the lc8 then..thanks

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
the knob you get with the 360.2 is ONLY for extra bass control i use my factory knob on the avic d3 or my steering control volume buttons. atleast for the 360.2 the is not true at all
well all i know is i called cleansweep and i heard that right from their mouths..now i think the 360 is the same? i swear ive read about it before but its been a year or so since i did all my homework...so if i was him i would call rockford and ask them ...but also i kept my stock head unit so that might have had something to do with it...

·
Registered
215 Posts
well all i know is i called cleansweep and i heard that right from their mouths..now i think the 360 is the same? i swear ive read about it before but its been a year or so since i did all my homework...so if i was him i would call rockford and ask them ...but also i kept my stock head unit so that might have had something to do with it...

that might be true with a stock headunit never checked into that but with a aftermarket head unit the 360.2 has alot more to offer as far as adjustablitiy and setting each speaker each crossover each speakers eq and sub eq. i love this thing it just makes music more enjoyable.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
i found this post from back when i installed mine...but like you said if you change your head unit i guess it works....
The Clean Sweep bases its calibration on a certain volume level. If your factory radio adds EQ as the volume increases, then ......yes it will effect the calibration of the Clean Sweep. If the radio does not add variable EQ as the volume increases, then there will be no problem with the unit. To answer your question, there is nothing wrong with continuing to use the factory radio controls. Worst case, it will simply effect the sound output of the unit, as you turn up the volume. I do not know if the factory amp adds EQ as the volume increases (it certainly has the ability to as the CAN BUS can transmit that information to the radio). I do know that the factory amp has a TON of EQ in the bottom end..... which seems to be there at all volume levels. I had my amp reflashed, and the bass output at low volumes was substantially increased. The only other thing that everyone needs to know is that if you do use the AUX in on the Clean Sweep, the factory volume control WILL NOT work. The only control that will raise/lower the volume of the AUX source is the Clean Sweep volume control. Of course, JonW will have that problem resolved soon!

--Bo

·
Registered
105 Posts
I only have experience with the CleanSweep (which I am very happy with).

I'm not sure where the calibration infromation on various forums comes from, but twice I have received the same information from JL Audio's technical support in that once the unit is "officially" calibrated you can change the volume from the OEM head unit. In order to "recalibrate" the CleanSweep, all you have to do is return the volume on the OEM head unit to the calibrated volume. The Crutchfiled site which sells the CleanSweep says the same thing.

it seems to me the difference between the CleanSweep and other units is the ability to "tweak" the system. Well, I don't feel my system needs any tweaking as the sound from the CleanSweep fed through my 500/5 amp sounds great.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Cool.. thanks guys!! it would be kinda mindblowing to people if i took out my motorola Q to fine tune my car audio..lol.. i think it will come down to if i want to spend the extra money just to show off.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts