Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
223 Posts
WTF $100 for shipping. I've been dying for somebody to release a grill that looks like the Phantom but this looks like $hit.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
14,583 Posts
I think it would look a little too cheesy on a 300/C. Not into that one.:eek2:

Rambit
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Nope!

That shit's not going on my car!!!! Who would want to turn their beautiful bold 300c into a freakin RR???? Gotta have rocks in yer head if you do!

Anubis

:smoker:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
528 Posts
300rr

Yeah, but I asked him to send me photos of what it looks like on the car. :sly:
Will post iffin' they arrive.
(Hey, these new similes are great :AR15firin )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
750 Posts
OH OH I was afraid this would happen -

Remember you could get these for the old VW beetles -

Unlike the mesh grille which looks good on the 300c, this grille says I cant afford a Rolls-Royce, but I still am stupid enough to try and impress you with a recognizable piece of one - if you are stupid enough to buy into it.

Zilla
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,719 Posts
Not just the beetle but the early 80s hump back Seville, a gorgeous car (coming from a guy who thinks all Citroens except the 2CV are beautiful). I like an RR grille, on the 300 it simpley would look ghastly, somebody will do it, the beauty of living in a free country, along with a fake rag top, Vogues with a white and gold stripe, and a driver with gold teeth. What a country!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
750 Posts
II kings 9:20 said:
I like an RR grille, on the 300 it simpley would look ghastly
Agreed, One Homermobile in the making
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
II kings 9:20 said:
Not just the beetle but the early 80s hump back Seville, a gorgeous car (coming from a guy who thinks all Citroens except the 2CV are beautiful). I like an RR grille, on the 300 it simpley would look ghastly, somebody will do it, the beauty of living in a free country, along with a fake rag top, Vogues with a white and gold stripe, and a driver with gold teeth. What a country!
Awww. 2CV's are so darn cute. And the kit cars that people have made with them.. very cool. My dad has had quite a few of these pass through his hands and currently owns an H-Van, a '62 Traction Cabriolet and is working on getting an old DS, that he sold, back home. Yeah, the 2CV's are weird..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
goddardzilla said:
Unlike the mesh grille which looks good on the 300c, this grille says I cant afford a Rolls-Royce, but I still am stupid enough to try and impress you with a recognizable piece of one - if you are stupid enough to buy into it.

Just felt that the above sorely needed restating.

Now, as for 2CV's....hmmm. Would much rather have an SM to play with. Though they were beleaguered with a multitude of problems, an SM in working order is still a thing of beauty.


....sT
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
750 Posts
Simon Templar said:
Would much rather have an SM to play with. Though they were beleaguered with a multitude of problems, an SM in working order is still a thing of beauty.

....sT
Yes the SM - a thing of beauty

A friend of mine in the business had one. I used to ask him if he drove with a timing chain in his pocket. He told the story of the 100mph drive, after when he pulled in, he found he had a flat front tire - the hydropneumatic suspension had seamlessly compensated for the flat at speed, levelling the car so that he was unaware of it until he stopped.

Of course Rolls-Royce bought rights from Citroen to use that same design of suspension on their cars - a fact he used to relentlessly point out to me. He even asked if he could show a Silver Shadow that I was doing some work on to the local French car enthusiasts club - I let him have his moment.

I last saw his SM sitting in his shop awaiting a timing chain for that Maserati V6. If I remember correctly it was an engine-out affair, maybe it's still there.

Zilla
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Redman said:
Yeah, but I asked him to send me photos of what it looks like on the car. :sly:
Will post iffin' they arrive.
(Hey, these new similes are great :AR15firin )
mr. Redman.... thought you might like to see just how bad they made this thing..... its going to take alot of metal re-work to make this look better.....
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
300Chris said:
egads that looks horrible... even if it did fit correctly, the lines are all wrong for the 300. :thumbsdow
like i said... alot of re-work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Scarbrs said:
O
Please say your not keeping that thing.
i'm keeping it only to make it the vision i see it can be... i'm very happy with my trenz grill. it just needs an outer e&g grill frame, to give it more dimension...but i'll keep everyone posted on the rolls grill progress. gonna shorten the height, round out the lower corners, and reshape the top to conform with the 300 bumper, then you guys can pick it apart............lol
 

Attachments

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Top