Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right, roof bars - I understand the 300C rarely has roof rails, yet for some reason most of the bars seem to be designed with rails in mind. I've found some Menabo Tema rails which apparently will fit but they are over 100 quid and I don't really want to spend that much.

I've seen some of the universal bars that have a webbed ratchet strap that goes through the window at ceiling height and those look ideal as a potential compromise but have seen nowhere that does them, anyone got any links etc? Not to be confused with the cheapo ones that anchor on the door frame and have a metal ratchet strip - I've tried those (they're about 30 quid on Ebay) and they are utterly appalling - I strongly advise anyone after roof bars, don't touch them!

I only need it to transport some plywood sheet over and rather than spend 50 quid on delivery, I'd rather spend it on something I can use again should I need to transport large loads in the future.

Cheers

JD

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't have a 300 yet, but when I do I'll be installing Prorack roof rack. They are a clamp mount - 4 Door Sedan 2011 - (Clamp Mount). These may be sold under Yakima or Whispbar in other countries. I have S16 (1200mm) bars currently on my i30 so I'm hoping these will fit (albeit tightly) so I don't have to buy the s17 cross bars. Not sure on pricing over there but will exceed 100 quid. Yes it clamps to frame but so do a lot of models here in Aus and no paint damage when installed correctly. Hope this helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts