Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Can anybody enlighten me? I want to transport a few bikes on top of my 300C. It's a touring, is there any way to mount a roof rack if you don't have the roof rails? From my research it looks like not. Is it possible to get roof rails as a retro fit, or is it horribly expensive.

I'm thinking I may need to sell my cross bars and bike carriers and just get a tow bar mounted system (which would be better anyway)

Cheers,

David

·
Registered
2006 CRD Touring
2,741 Posts
I think the roof has to be drilled to take rails, but I have seen aftermarket bars fitted to a Touring, in fact the first demonstrator that I drove had them. I didn't think they were very elegant though and I don't think much of bikes on roofs, unless on race support cars.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Had the same issue with mine. Fortunately I had a tow bar already fitted. So I went for the Thule 4 bike rake that locks onto the towbar. THis one tilts to allow acces to the tailgate. Couple of downsides though, they do tend to wobble from side to side which causes heart palpitations till you get use to it, and it makes the old girl b***dy long. Other than that works fine, no heavy lifting onto roof so less risk of damage to car. :)

Reactions: bozmandb9

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
I have a Thule 3 cycle thing that goes on the towbar and tilts to allow access to the boot. Now I have sold the car I may as well sell the cycle doofer, I may be able to help you out with a genuine touring tow bar with wiring kit too, I am just waiting for Richard to let me know if he's coming to get it or not.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds great Simon. What have you replaced the car with? Would you have any use for my roof bars with cycle carriers?

Don't worry about the tow bar, I have one fitted!

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
I got a mate who sold his CRuD but still has the towbar and Thule roof racks,I haven't seen them myself so I don't know how they fit or what they fit to but he wants them gone

·
Premium Member
2,657 Posts
I have a set of original Mopar roof rack with the flexible feet and extending clamps. Can anyone confirm if this item is designed to fit all lx platform models????

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Thule Fit Kit changed the foot pads when they changed the part number but kept the same Fit Kit model number.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Thule Fit Kit changed the foot pads when they changed the part number but kept the same Fit Kit model number.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
Hi do you have the part numbers for the foot kit and the bars please from Thule?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Guys,

Can anybody enlighten me? I want to transport a few bikes on top of my 300C. It's a touring, is there any way to mount a roof rack if you don't have the roof rails? From my research it looks like not. Is it possible to get roof rails as a retro fit, or is it horribly expensive.

I'm thinking I may need to sell my cross bars and bike carriers and just get a tow bar mounted system (which would be better anyway)

Cheers,

David
Hi
I have a pair of molar roof bars for the touring. They attach via the door frames. I don’t use them but I have all the parts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts