Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aside from a nice shiny AWD badge on an '06 300C I'm considering buying, is there an easy way to distinguish an AWD car from a non-AWD car?

While I was going over a car, I pulled the plastic cowl covering the bottom of the engine to inspect for leaks, obvious damage but I failed to look for anything to verify I was looking at an AWD.

Would anything in the VIN tell me or do I need to get the car back and get underneath it again? Are there two differentials?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Aside from a nice shiny AWD badge on an '06 300C I'm considering buying, is there an easy way to distinguish an AWD car from a non-AWD car?

While I was going over a car, I pulled the plastic cowl covering the bottom of the engine to inspect for leaks, obvious damage but I failed to look for anything to verify I was looking at an AWD.

Would anything in the VIN tell me or do I need to get the car back and get underneath it again? Are there two differentials?
hey man i have a awd the way you can tell our car is different from the other 300's is the height of it our cars have alot of space between the wheel well and the tire take a close look and you will be able to tell

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bullet.....do you (or anyone else out there) know if the VIN identifies an AWD from non-AWD

·
Registered
156 Posts
I also have an AWD and there is a hump in the floor of the front passenger seat near where the center/radio meets the floor.

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Position 5 in the VIN will be a "K".

Check the attachment for complete VIN decode...

Attachments

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you gentlemen.

Two other quick questions...the VIN decode attachment detailed the first position code = 1 (DaimlerChrysler). Mine has a "2." Do you know what the difference is?

Also, I've never seen a cassette player built into the 6-disc, MP3 radio. Has anyone else seen this model? Is there a PN or code for it? It appears there's a CD jammed into because on the the disc one and two messages appear with a "read disc error" message and I can't eject or load anything.

If anyone could shed some light on what radio I'm dealing with and let me know if there's a thread here that explains how to remove a jammed disc or how to pull the radio (guessing that knob come off, retainer nuts and "plug and play" connection on back of radio), it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Cassete Deck

I also have a cassete deck on my 6-disk, but honestly i havent done much research into the exact model that i have. I know that sadly I have an 06 model with the 2.7 litre engine. I know, I know, but it was the only way i could get one. I couldn't convince the wife to let me get a V8 because of gas issues, and I bought it used with 24k on it in february, but it's my baby none the less.

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
I have a 2 also.... maybe the service manual is incorrect in that position...

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I work at the Tech Center. I'll check it out with one of the engineeers or call Brampton this week to see what the difference is (if any).

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Mine starts with a 2 as well, so that rules out there being a difference between cars destined for Canada or the US.

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Found out what the 1 & 2 difference is.

1 = Built in the USA

2 = Built in Canada.

There must be an error in the LX Service Manual as they're all built in Canada.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Found out what the 1 & 2 difference is.

1 = Built in the USA

2 = Built in Canada.

There must be an error in the LX Service Manual as they're all built in Canada.

Bernie

probably a Canadian that wrote the manual.... Fingers were numb from the cold when he/she was typing....LOL

He or she, not that Canadians are HE/SHE's ....

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
probably a Canadian that wrote the manual.... Fingers were numb from the cold when he/she was typing....LOL

He or she, not that Canadians are HE/SHE's ....
Nah, it's just that we keep trying to be #1 and you guys keep knocking us back a notch...haha. We're all men up here, and THAT's the problem. It's called LOH (lack of hotties), or SOL (short of ladies), or WTF (where's the females)...haha.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Of course at your age, 'Hottie' is a relative term...... :saroll:

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Of course at your age, 'Hottie' is a relative term...... :saroll:
If it's luke warm, has a faint pulse and breathes from time to time, it's a HOTTIE!!! Teeth are optional...haha.

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts