Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this was typical for the 6.1 but my car seems to idle fairly rough. As in it seems as though the engine is unbalanced or moving enough to feel the entire car shake. Not constantly but in surges.

Wanted to find out if this is typical or if I should mention to the dealer?? Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
114 Posts
i feel the same thing driving today to work. i thought maybe since the engine is so big and all that this might have been normal. I hope some senior members can fill us in

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BUMP for some help!

·
Registered
411 Posts
I have an 06 SRT, and I've never experienced the symptoms you're describing. Have you made any modifications lately? Bad gas maybe? Might be an issue you want to go to the dealer with...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
How many miles you got? I have the same thing. I bumped up my idle a little bit and it was fine and then I took it back down and there it was again. It is probably just in need of a tune up

·
Registered
666 Posts
my 5.7 dose the same thing, I just changed out the plugs
with hopes it would go away, didnt work it feels like my old chevelle

·
Registered
114 Posts
i have 7400 miles. My temp gauage also goes to 3/4. any suggestions?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The car has 19K on it. I just did the 15K service. I do have mods, intake, cat back and throttle body space (which i want gone).

I keep thinking that the predator will fix the lousy shifting and the rough idle. The car runs well but I do think that the intake and especially the throttle body spacer mess with the fuel/air mixture.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have 7400 miles. My temp gauage also goes to 3/4. any suggestions?
As far as temp goes, my car gets to 3/4 if I shut the air off and the aux fan shuts down. Correct me if im wrong but this can be changed by both a lower tstat and/or the predator. Dealer told me the cars run hot and really nothing to worry about.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts