Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
I've used this oil since my first oil change. Based on the research it protects well. I use it with a K&N Oil Filter and haven't had any problems.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Same with me. Been using it since the first change with a K&N. I also used it in most of my previous cars.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I've used this oil since my first oil change. Based on the research it protects well. I use it with a K&N Oil Filter and haven't had any problems.
^^^^^
same here. Changed the oil/filter yesterday in fact with Royal Purple 5w20 and a K&N filter. My second oil change with the Purple stuff and no complaints!!! Bought it at Pep Boys for $7.49/ quart and they even did the oil service and rotated my tires for an extra $20. I will only go 5k on the oil while my car is under warranty. After that, I will change it at 8-10k intervals.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I tried it, but didn't really notice any difference from Mobil 1, so I'm back to Mobil 1 due to lower cost and easily obtainable.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Use it everytime and no complaints, car runs very smooth.

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
I will only go 5k on the oil while my car is under warranty. After that, I will change it at 8-10k intervals.
Don't you have the Lifetime powertrain warranty? ...unless you bought used, maybe. Do RP and/or Amsoil meet or exceed the letter of the Chrysler warranty, for certifications and such?

·
Registered
494 Posts
Don't you have the Lifetime powertrain warranty? ...unless you bought used, maybe. Do RP and/or Amsoil meet or exceed the letter of the Chrysler warranty, for certifications and such?
Bought the car used so I don't think the lifetime powertrain warranty goes to me. The dealer did say that RP was fine if I used the recommended 5w20 the car requires. They even did the change for me the first time I switched and it's documented in my service record.

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
No, you're right, from what I've read. The Lifetime is original purchaser only. I've always bought used until this car. The lifetime warranty and 20% off sticker (bought 11/28) were the only reasons I went new this time.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
i've been using RP for 2 1/2 years now. no problems. i've been changing every 3k. is that too often.

·
Registered
35 Posts
i've been using RP for 2 1/2 years now. no problems. i've been changing every 3k. is that too often.

I'd like to know this, too. I've got 2,800 miles on my car but was told by the dealership that the first oil change shouldn't be done before 6k. That's counter to everything I've ever heard...but I'm open to change. Kind of.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Pimp mobile, I usually go about 3,500-4,000 between oil changes. I haven't had any problems. Synthetic Oil protects better than conventional so you can technically go more miles. I know there are individuals here that go about 5,000 between oil changes.

Craggin, I had my oil changed to Royal Purple at 3,000 miles. I bought my car new and wanted to use synthetic. Personally I would get the oil changed when you reach 3,000 miles

·
Registered
494 Posts
This should help! It's from RP's website.

""How often should I change Royal Purple in my passenger car?
Royal Purple recommends following the manufacturer’s maintenance intervals while the vehicle is under factory warranty. In clean engines that are no longer under warranty, oil change intervals may be extended up to every 12,000 miles or annually, whichever comes first. Oil filter changes should be done as recommended by the filter's manufacturer and oil should be topped off as needed.""

So every 3k is recommended but will be very expensive. Thats why my Dealer told me it was ok to go no more than 5-6k while under warranty.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts