Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've seen folks on here saying they running there coilovers on the back all the way down. I've seem them tucking most the tire. I'm trying to accomplish that look but my tires rub the Phuck out if the bumper hold on bolt. Can I bend that tab or something. I'm running bcr coil overs all the way down with the lower rubber on control arm still install and I think 9s all around with 265 35 22. Any help or input would help. Muchas gracias amigos

Only pic I got righ now.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Part of your problem is your tire profile is too tall for what you want to do. I would suggest looking into a 30 series tire.
I have my car laid pretty low on a static suspension and run a 9 inch rim with a 265/30/22 tire in the front and a 10.5 inch wide rim with a 305/25/22 tire in the rear. When I ran a 35 series in the front and a 30 series in the rear it ripped the wheel liners to shreds. With the 30 front 25 rear profiles I have no problems and nothing rubs.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for info. Just sucks cuz I just got tires. So next tires I get I'm going with vipers again so I'll get thinner tire. Thanks.
So there's no way around this. Bending tabs or anything.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I cut that tab and relocated the bolt back about 1.5 inches. Along with some additional clearancing to get 315/30/22's to fit.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I may be able to take some pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool. No rush in out of town for next week. So if you can just wait till you have time to snap a lot of detail pics that would be awesome. If it's easier you can text em to me or email

[email protected]

·
Registered
89 Posts
Well, crap. Guess you didn't get the pics I emailed you?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Please disregard the fact that the car is filthy in these pics (I've been working 12hr shifts at night for the last few weeks).
I don't run with my coilovers all the way down, but here is what it looks like when the rear is on the bumpstops, I'm running Eibach multipro R2's, and I'm sure other setups can go lower:

How close is it?

Now, this is the tab/bumper bolt that I moved to make room (the black paint is to protect the freshly cut metal, it doesn't show from the outside:

I used a universal speed nut and the original bolt/screw to hold it all together, just drilled a new 1/4" hole behind the original one while everything was still bolted together so as not to misalign anything. Then I cut the offending pieces of metal and plastic back about 1.5 inches so I wouldn't have to worry about them rubbing anymore.

http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p373/navysrt/20140425_094307.jpg[/IMG

1 - 12 of 12 Posts