Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick question.
Seeing how its been proven that the stock SRT intake flows really well and a good CAI intake only gets you marginal gain.
Can I run the CAI 91 tune with the stock intake?

I was running the 93 octane tune but I feel its been pulling timing with this heat. So I wanted to switch to the 91 tune hoping it won't pull timing.

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
For the record, are you using 93 octane gas with the 93 octane tune?

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
Not sure of your statement regarding not using a CAI as mine helped with throttle response.

However, regarding your question I've read that some folks didn't like the 93 tune in some ambient conditions and they also felt it was pulling timing in warmer weather.

I'd try the 91 tune and see how your car responds to it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Try logging for short term knock with the 93 tune and 93 octane. That will tell you if timing is being pulled. Pull fuse 11 for two minutes. That will reset any knock reductions.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Try logging for short term knock with the 93 tune and 93 octane. That will tell you if timing is being pulled. Pull fuse 11 for two minutes. That will reset any knock reductions.
Yea I need to get some hard numbers to prove it but....

I threw in the 91 tune and it's made a big difference. I'm sure the northern states can get away with the 93 tune but it's just too aggressive of a tune for FL heat.

I experianced the same thing in my pathfinder when I ran 87oct during the summer. It felt like something was wrong with the engine. I can run it in the winter without a problem.

I'll play with it when I get a chance but for now I'll stick with the 91 tune till the temp falls.

·
Premium Member
1,008 Posts
It gets above 90 here with dew points in the 70's. Just keep the temps down with colder thermostats and correct fan settings. Those fans are going to run on a hot day. It's simple in those kinds of conditions, the DA affects the performance of everyone's internal combustion engines. I never change my tune and of course there is a noticeable difference between a spanking clear cool dry morning and a humid afternoon in traffic. :pat:

We all know up here what a blast it is to attempt to gain traction on a morning with BELOW zero temps! :arms:

Look at it this way.... 90 degrees, 75 degree dew point 1ft above sea level barometer 30.00 - 98% of available HP
Same place same barometer, 50 degrees 35 degree DP- 105.5 %
Say we have 400 hp to play with that is either 392 HP or 422 hp..... You CAN feel that! But don't change that tune if it is correctly working and your settings and fans are good to go. The guy next to you has the same problem. :grouphug:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts