Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, one of our Chargerforums member reported an issue with the GSM ESP mod and his July build car. He took it to them, and GSM told him his car had a "pursuit package" which made their mod NOT work right.

So we started investigating differences between his car and earlier build cars. I know about the Teves 25E that Resume mentioned, but that was in Aug, I thought, and the car in question was a July build.

The older cars have 6 hydraulic lines entering the top of the distribtution block, the newer car only has four. Im trying to get factual info about what this is and why.

I know factories generally just dont slap upgraded components on cars, so I dont think this car has anything all LX's dont have, past a certain build point. But I dont want to geuss.

Heres the photos.

May build

July build

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, both R/T Chargers, I believe.
Its not my catch, I just seem to be heading up the owner analysis:)

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
I wonder if it has anything to do with the cruse control . The other day I was out in the rain with the cruse control on when I hit a puddle that made the right front hydroplane. That also made the ESP kick in and the cruse control to shut off as if I hit the brakes. Just a thought so you don't have to engage the resume every time you hit a puddle.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Resume Speed had noted that as part of the 3-way esp that was added the abs was changed to a new system. He said what the name of the system was, but I forget. It's in one of the ESP threads.

·
Registered
70 Posts
My MSRT8 looks like the bottom photo..... and my car has the 3-way ESP.

What is the part number on the module?

The one on my car is 05290819AB.

--Bo

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
marlinspike said:
Resume Speed had noted that as part of the 3-way esp that was added the abs was changed to a new system. He said what the name of the system was, but I forget. It's in one of the ESP threads.
I covered that. But the name alone does not help.

I know about the Teves 25E that Resume mentioned,

·
Registered
73 Posts
Bo'sRT said:
My MSRT8 looks like the bottom photo..... and my car has the 3-way ESP.

What is the part number on the module?

The one on my car is 05290819AB.

--Bo
And my June SRT8 looks like the top photo, and does not have the 3-way ESP.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts