Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is a sad day for MyGig owners. HB has pulled the plug on the [email protected] address. They will no longer be providing us a service at that address. The reason for it is that Chrysler wants all customer support for the MyGig to go through the dealers, or the Chrysler 800 number, and not Harman Becker. The MyGig site that was promised by Chrysler in the radio owners manual was not made available and the new site Chrysler made available in March 2008 (My Chrysler: MyGIG – How MyGIG Works) does not address any of the problems with the radio and does not provide any help for the users in addressing any of the possible updates in software or any fixes. All it provides are limited operating instructions. It seems, from all of the comments I have heard on various sites that all the dealers do is pull the radio and swap it with another radio, that is possibly not new and even a refurbished radio. In some cases the radio has been swapped multiple times and the problems still existed. All that would have been required was a simple software update that the owner could have done himself, or by the dealer. There are no updates posted there. The dealers have no knowledge of what to do. I, and others will, I am sure, thank HB for their help, because without them we would have flooded the dealers with complaints. My hat's off to Harman Becker who supported the radio in an outstanding manner, much better than Chrysler. Best regards, Bob.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts