Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just doing the obligatory new guy introduction. I just bought my wife a 13' 5.7 300s. I didn't plan on buying a car, but the car impressed the shit out of me and I got a fair deal on it, I couldn't say no. She went from a 11 Corolla S to the 300s. I'd say she's pretty happy. Im in Dallas Texas. I myself have a 07 mustang Gt. I'm hoping by this weekend, my wife and I are gonna run them and see who comes out on top. I have to admit, I'm nervous for my stang lol. Anyways, thank you having this forum and I have already learned quite a bit from y'all. Thanks Greg

·
Premium Member
7,943 Posts
Interesting story, welcome to the forums.

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
Hi and welcome!

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Welcome from a small town in Ohio!

·
Premium Member
4,700 Posts
Welcome to the 3CF from Houston.

Check out DFWLX they are your local modern Mopar car club, Pedro is the president great group of LX enthusiasts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Hola from VA.

Don't take it personally when the Hemi walks the dog on that Pony. ;)

SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT HER THE V6 !!! :lmao:

·
Registered
792 Posts
Welcome to 3CF from Puerto Rico!!!:grouphug:

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Welcome! That was a nice intro... So, you would think that she might very well have an edge due to you giving up a whole liter in engine size and 63 more hp... BUT, after doing the math, you stand to actually squeak it out (if it were purely "by the numbers") due to all the weight she's lugging around (her car, that is...lol), AND if your Stang is in primo running condition. Calculations put her power-to-weight ratio @ 11.85 hp/lb, whereas, you would just edge her out @ 11.91, or thereabouts. So, unless she's somewhat of a skilled/experienced "hot-dogger" behind the wheel (I'm assuming that this is unlikely since she just came out of a Corolla S), you would probably come out in front more times than not (like "lunge your head @ the tape, photo finish" come out in front...lol). A lot of members here would agree that there are a whole lot more variables @ play here, but I'm just giving you the straight line. Don't count yourself out...:fing02: (not that I wouldn't want to see her win in her 300 and DEFINITELY NOT because I'm a Mustang fan or anything--though, I will admit I've always found myself gawking @ Cobra/Shelby products :cool:)...if I had a weekend toy to play w/, the Shelby would probably be it, if not the Vette. Either way, be careful...and welcome to 3CF!

Reactions: Shaggin Wagon

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Welcome from MI! :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Welcome to the 3CF from Houston.

Check out DFWLX, they are your local modern Mopar car club, Pedro is the president great group of LX enthusiasts
Thanks, I'll check that out.

Hola from VA.

Don't take it personally when the Hemi walks the dog on that Pony. ;)

SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT HER THE V6 !!! :lmao:
I'm a little nervous, but I have lighter weight and she's never drag race, so we'll see what happens.

V6? No offense but......no V8.......no care....lol

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
^ hahaha... true story... what's one of those V6 things I hear people spreading of? :)

Welcome to the forum sir from Naples Florida!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Just doing the obligatory new guy introduction. I just bought my wife a 13' 5.7 300s. I didn't plan on buying a car, but the car impressed the shit out of me and I got a fair deal on it, I couldn't say no. She went from a 11 Corolla S to the 300s. I'd say she's pretty happy. Im in Dallas Texas. I myself have a 07 mustang Gt. I'm hoping by this weekend, my wife and I are gonna run them and see who comes out on top. I have to admit, I'm nervous for my stang lol. Anyways, thank you having this forum and I have already learned quite a bit from y'all. Thanks Greg
Congrats and welcome from Montreal Canada.

Love your story, not sure but I think the stang will come on top ;). Mind you it always depends on the driver.

Hope you continue to enjoy the vehicle, it's performance and appearance can be greatly improved to your liking.

Cheers,

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Congrats and welcome from Montreal Canada.

Love your story, not sure but I think the stang will come on top ;). Mind you it always depends on the driver.

Hope you continue to enjoy the vehicle, it's performance and appearance can be greatly improved to your liking.

Cheers,
Thanks! We didn't get to line them up this weekend, but I did get some seat time in both over the weekend, and I think the stang had the edge. I really enjoy the Chrysler and think I made a good choice in getting it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts