Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All. Forgive me in advance if I'm posting something that has already been posted. I am wanting to install a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 in my 2007 300 SRT (not SRT8) with the Boston Premium sound system. I will likely be using a local installer to complete the task. This will be in dash (double din) replacing the OEM stereo/Nav unit. I would like to be able to restore the installation should I sell the car down the road.

I have solved some of the tablet challenges such as on screen volume control (vs. toggle volume on side of tablet) to the 3.5 mm stereo jack. I will be using an app called tasker to control behaviour of the WiFi and radio usage when the car is turned off (power must still be switched with ignition)

I am aware of PAC Audio and have visited their website but am unsure of the functionality of some of the harness features as they relate to the vehicle operation. I do not "need" the steering whell volume control or track change features and understand I will lose these.

Ideally I would like to be able to install the tablet and have the power switched with igntion. Have a 3.5 mm stereo output headphone jack (90 degree) to two(four?) female RCA jacks or wired to a PAC Audio harness?

What I don't know yet is

1. What is the correct aftermarket harness
2. What will this harness overcome in terms of vehicle operation (for example, turning on the amplifier, vehicle ignition problems if any, security issues, etc. (dumb as a stump here)

If anyone could steer me in the right direction or respond to the outline above it would be much appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts