Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm off with the family to Santa Pod tomorrow with my "C".I will let you what the HEMI will do.Its sh1t or bust time.I will post the times with photo evidence of slip times either tomorrow night or monday.:sasmokin:

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
what! no challengers???does that mean that the diesels have finally conceded to the beast from hell:sasmokin:

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Ah, but you have the pradator which we all know is gonna kick ass! Good luck with your times and make sure you post a pic cos I love showing disbeleivers just how quick these massieeeve car are!

Granted my coal burner wont be as quick, but still impressive. I see they do a predator for diesel motors, but not the 300C CRD :(

I would love to see you nail a sub 5s

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah, but you have the pradator which we all know is gonna kick ass! Good luck with your times and make sure you post a pic cos I love showing disbeleivers just how quick these massieeeve car are!

Granted my coal burner wont be as quick, but still impressive. I see they do a predator for diesel motors, but not the 300C CRD :(

I would love to see you nail a sub 5s
sub 5, 1/4 mile?? no chance thats top fuel times,gonna be more like 12s-low 13s,depends on my reaction time(I'm gettin on a bit now in age)and how little wheelspin i can manage but you can be assured i will do my best.I cant find my old fav camcorder so my son's gonna vid it on his fone(me thinks the quality's gonna be crap)If you meant 0-60 in sub 5,we wont know as the time slips dont give 0-60 times,they give distance times.I will post the slips on here tomorrow or monday:sasmokin:

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
ah, sorry I got excited, meant 0-60 times with all this 0-60 talk on the other thread.

Good luck anyways

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
well I went to Santa Pod,what a great day we had.Paid the fee's then lined up,nobody would line up to me at first,eventually a very loud and souped up Puma lined up next to me.He was history the second I left the line.
Next came a BMW M3 Convertible,same story really.Then a Skyliner with a massive turbo or two lined up,I thought "I'm in trouble here"bam I was off,I left the Skyliner behind all the way up until the last 100ft or so when I heard this almighty wooshing of spinning turbos and he just pipped me at the line,only just though.So all in all I was very pleased with the outcome,I didnt think I would be in Skyliner territory,my son has done a vid on his phone I will post it later.Oh the times,almost forgot.14.2 secs, terminal speed of 98mph,thats with 3/4 tank of fuel,a gallon of fuel in the boot,some oil(just in case)all the kids and wifes crap.I'll keep you posted about the vid

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
heres the vid my son did,the music is really annoying,but he is only 13,it was done on his fone so the quality is pretty crap too but you'll get the idea of what went on YouTube - dad 300c drag race

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am,i just watched another vid of SRT8 doing the 1/4 in 13.58,so my times are not so bad

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
well done uk, and a personal thanks for wiping a cheesy grin of a BMW drivers face, I am sure it is a BMW dealer fit option to drive like a **** head

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm more pleased about imagining the look on the skyliners face as "the big girl" pulled away from it.Priceless,well it was to me,I really thought i was gonna get wooped by it

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Some pics for you

·
Registered
39 Posts
I did a 15.7 at the pod in my standard CRD.. Crap traction off the line, had to feather the throttle. Can't remember my 60' times, but my 0-60 times (on the built-in computer) were 1 second slower than i've repeatedly had on normal roads! I'm sure low 15's were in order with some traction...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Well done UK. 1/4 mile time looks pretty impressive.pics look good and it seems you had a good day rattiling a few cages with yer mighty C.
I bet the guy in the BMW was pig sick gettin outguned by a big yankie beast.:usa2: :saevil:

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
they all where,the skyliner man couldnt believe i didnt have turbo's n stuff,I had to show him my engine,he was gutted,I had the biggest grin of the day I can tell you

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hi UK Chrysler 300C,

Well I am well pleased with my Diesel, but I have to take my hat off to you. I can understand how pleased you were, a friend and myself took a standard Lotus Turbo Esprit there back in 1992 it was an 85 car and it was put up against some pretty scary stuff. To be honest we thought it would get creamed, but it didn't it, done the 1/4 in 13.2 secs was was quick for the time, plus he had his air con on!!! It beat everything it went up against including a souped up Sierra Cosworth, and a chevette Funny Car which cocked up his getaway.

What technique did you use for getting off the line? I watched the you tube footage and you got away very clean with little wheelspin

SDM197

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
left foot on brake,revs to about 1000,then bam.I did do burnouts before every run though to warm the tyres up a bit and the track is very sticky,oh and I too had the air con on,it was 80 deg f outside,Im mean,come on,I needed to be cool didnt I.lmao(actually i forgot to turn it off).Last 2 runs I ran in manual and short shifted to third gear at 80mph,that in my gut feeling is what gave me the best runs

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hi Uk Chrysler 300C

I've gotta ask how do you do burn outs?

I would assume you hold the car on the footbrake, but give it throttle at the same time?

But wouldn't this wear out the rear brake pads, (Obviously it will wear out the tyres!)

SDM197

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
it wont wear the pads out,the rear brakes have a compensator on them,the less weight on the rear the less fluid therefore pressure go to the rears,to answer your question about burnouts,yes,left foot hard on the brake slowly feed in the power whilst very gently easing the brake off,not completeley,you have to balance the spin with the braking,keep the power on slowly releasing even more off the brake and you will do a rolling burnout,because I have the predator I can leave the ESP on,but with the predator off i need ESP off to do it,if that makes sense.It doesnt wear the tyres out that much,my tyres have done 16000m and still have loads left.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts