Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
arfnoon,

anyone have an electronic version of the satnav user manual? I'm assuming there's no speed camera info. How can you update the maps? when were the maps last updated?

Any info much appreciated.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hi, as far as I am aware you need the next disc in order to upgrade the Sat Nav. My version ends AD but I believe AE (European, North America is way beyond that) is out there somewhere. Not sure if 'Biborama' managed to do anything on the AE front?
The info on our system is very limited. No facility for post code input or cameras etc. I of course stand to be corrected Please!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, as far as I am aware you need the next disc in order to upgrade the Sat Nav. My version ends AD but I believe AE (European, North America is way beyond that) is out there somewhere. Not sure if 'Biborama' managed to do anything on the AE front?
The info on our system is very limited. No facility for post code input or cameras etc. I of course stand to be corrected Please!

TKS Derick,

I've emailed the dealer to see if they can provide any additional information including manufacturers details.

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
I gather there is an AD version but apparently if you load an "unofficial" copy to your machine it will update but never again be able to access the AE version. Also according to a member who has recently left us (no names) while his "unofficial" version worked fine and had done for six months or more there was a story doing the rounds that it required accessed or read more frequently than a kosher one and tended to burn out the reading head. Any or all of this might well be total crap - but I am putting it up here for you to form your own opinions as to any future action.
Cheers John

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks john,

i'm sure if TOMTOM can sort out such updates then there should be no reason why a n other manufacturer cannot.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Three weeks ago my dealer intimated that there was a new disk in the offing that would be a no cost release within the year, but he would say that wouldn't he.... as he hadn't got his hands on my money... ;-)

I will email him and see if he has any further news and if:

1. There

Kevin

·
Registered
38 Posts
Three weeks ago my dealer intimated that there was a new disk in the offing that would be a no cost release within the year, but he would say that wouldn't he.... as he hadn't got his hands on my money... ;-)

I will email him and see if he has any further news and if:

1. There is any way to get the TCM working, is there a dealer supplied module.

2. Is there any way to get uconnect working with teh sat nav head unit.

Kevin

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Oh we have a right one here - premature postification indeed.
BMEWS - I have a Garmin unit I bought about five years ago for around £900 - I had to pay them well over £100 a couple of years later to update the mapping - then the next upgrade I fought them on the wording of their notice which implied a free upgrade - and won. But realistically as I no longer use it I would have been cheaper buying a virtually disposable cheapie and replacing the full unit every couple of years. To be honest the rather dated version of Tom-Tom on my Nokia 9310 Communicator is a better GPS System than the one in the 300C - but it looks good in the centre of the consol and it is always there whereas while my Communicator is always there the GPS receiver isn't. You pays your monies and ................
So when do you reckon on getting your car now? Any definite word yet?
Cheers John

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
I like the sat nav screen in my dash,it looks cool,I rarely use it though.When I was a kid and started as an apprentice at a local Ford(yuk) stealership(many moons ago) I had to deliver a dealership swap down in Bristol,having never been out of my home town at the time I asked the sales manager "where is this place",he replied,"M6,m5,get off at Bristol and ask someone,as long as you have a tongue in your head you wont get lost"and to this day I still use his method if I dont know where I am.Old school is still the best IMO

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
I thought by his info he's got a 2007 CRD???

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh we have a right one here - premature postification indeed.
BMEWS - I have a Garmin unit I bought about five years ago for around £900 - I had to pay them well over £100 a couple of years later to update the mapping - then the next upgrade I fought them on the wording of their notice which implied a free upgrade - and won. But realistically as I no longer use it I would have been cheaper buying a virtually disposable cheapie and replacing the full unit every couple of years. To be honest the rather dated version of Tom-Tom on my Nokia 9310 Communicator is a better GPS System than the one in the 300C - but it looks good in the centre of the consol and it is always there whereas while my Communicator is always there the GPS receiver isn't. You pays your monies and ................
So when do you reckon on getting your car now? Any definite word yet?
Cheers John

Tks John,

originally I was led to believe I'd have the car by this weekend. However, the dealer was trying to pursuade another dealer (to whom the car was consigned). They wanted it for themselves. SO .... they sent me an email Friday offering me a lux pack version for the same money. They were hoping to get it to me early next week but I've yet to hear.

Anyhoo... regarding sat nav... i had one in my honda (dealer fit) it was a 7 year old by the time the car was written off (not my fault). Bought a tom tom for my other car and liked the euro mapping and speed camera capabilities.. Still, at least it'll fill up the dash.

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Very curious. However there is a label on the driver's door pillar which gives the build date so very easily checked. Hope you are getting what is now an old model car at a good price (before the Lux pack additional deal). Keep us posted with how you get on - as I am sure you will.
Cheers John

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
24k was the price for the standard model. I'll be (apparently) getting the lux pack variant for the same price. Let's see when I get all the feedback from the dealer.

PS... I'm very happy at the price for the original car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts