Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, here it is finally the snow has stopped.....
I figured I would post these as there are not a lot of pics of them on the board...

Well, there ya go, I will add more once the rims are on.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Nice Pics. I have the Stealth bulbs / clear marker set still sitting in the box, because of the weather. After looking at the pics, you just put a fire under my arse.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Ahhh....one of my favorite colors on a 300. It's too bad that Chrysler only kept that color around for 1 year. It's definitely the classiest color on a 300.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, I LOVE the color. At night its silvery,at dusk it's baby bluish, in direct sun it's pearly.... plus (no offense to anyone) but I don't see my color around everywhere, so thats nice. I am trying to find a set of platinum shields for it as we speak... Should look good. It's also starting to settle nicely since I lowered i a few weeks ago...

·
Registered
435 Posts
Ahhh....one of my favorite colors on a 300. It's too bad that Chrysler only kept that color around for 1 year. It's definitely the classiest color on a 300.
Definitely agree... I sold Chrysler for a while and this was the best color available (IMO), My C, is silver but would do it over for the satin Jade.... make me melt!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hey, car looks great !!

How do the Type R's sound ? do you expereince any rattling when reaching highe volumes ?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
they sound good. They are a nice "bang for buck" type of sub. No rattles cause I sound deadened the trunk and stuffed carpet underlay in every hole and between panels and took the rear decklid apart and shoved a buch in there etc. It is SOLID now, zero rattles.I wrote a post about it somewhere.... People like to hate on type r's but they are sweet for the money, can take a beating, and get loud. The car is for my girl so she is not too picky ,but I drive it once in a while and I like it still and I run 2 15 inch Brahmas in my truck..... So there ya have it!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I think the Type R's are perfect for the most people. How much work was it to sound deaden your car ? I am getting my car hooked up with an entire Focal setup, but I don't want to get any annoying rattles.....and I would prefer to do it myself.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Its not too much work, or at leaST IT ISN'T HARD WORK aND IT'S GRATIFYING . tHERE ARE SOME HOW TO'S, just search "rattles" and look through the stereo section. I went to a carpet store and bought a bunch of underlay for next to nothing and it woks really good. I used to run focals in my Lincoln, very nice choice, but I got the hook up through alpine so I am running all that now,except the Brahma subs. I will give a more full answer in a day or so as I am a little busy, but one area you can easily do yourself it the trunk lid. Just take the cardboard cover off and you will se a bunch of ho;les, cut the underlay into strips and push it into all the holes with your fingers and really cram it full and that will stop a lot of rattles and your trunk will close with a nice thud... Anyway, there are some good write-ups just search and when I got a little more time I will post up some mor e... Later. Oh and be sure to get pics of your install!

·
Registered
436 Posts
beautiful! it was between that and the gold..i went with the gold..but love that color!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts