Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
i've heard some about these hydorogen systems..i know a few guys that have put them on there late 80s early 90s ford pickups with great sucess but i still dont understand exactly what they do? i am curious as to how/what it does..not that i want to do it..its just good to know about new stuff people are doing. so i dont understand enough about the systems to know wether its a total crock or not...

·
Banned
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is when he has it connected to the fresh air intake for the PCV system and not where it can be taken in through the intake.

·
Registered
436 Posts
so if i understand it correct, you want it connected to the PCV system, not the intake? i'm gonna try to read up on this subject alittle because it has really interested me latly. thanks for the heads up on this guys set-up!

·
Banned
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
so if i understand it correct, you want it connected to the PCV system, not the intake? i'm gonna try to read up on this subject alittle because it has really interested me latly. thanks for the heads up on this guys set-up!
Watch the actual video, he hooks up the hydrogen line to the fresh air line for the PCV system and says he is hooking it up to the intake which is a lie.

·
Registered
436 Posts
haha after watching the vid 3 times now, you are correct!! i think i get it now thanks for the information.

·
Registered
377 Posts
To play devils advocate here he did NOT say intake he said air filter box. I have NO clue how this works and don't really believe it does, but if whatever it is he's doing is sucked through the air filter box its practically the same as the air intake. I mean if he were dumping sand through that setup would it be ok? HELL NO! If it's in a gaseous form then filter or not it's going to make it to the engine. Please DON'T flame me I'm merely pointing out what I see as facts. This is actually the first I've ever heard of this and just wanted to provoke a little discussion.

·
Banned
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
To play devils advocate here he did NOT say intake he said air filter box. I have NO clue how this works and don't really believe it does, but if whatever it is he's doing is sucked through the air filter box its practically the same as the air intake. I mean if he were dumping sand through that setup would it be ok? HELL NO! If it's in a gaseous form then filter or not it's going to make it to the engine. Please DON'T flame me I'm merely pointing out what I see as facts. This is actually the first I've ever heard of this and just wanted to provoke a little discussion.
Of course he said airfilter seeing he thinks it will go into the intake. Instead, he hooks it up to the PCV fresh air line which goes down to the engine and then down into the oilpan and no where close to the cylinders.

It is a scam, the guy is then pawning off that he gained 8MPG off of it.

Are you going to back up a scammer?

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I wonder how he is sucking out the hydrogen when it is in a sealed jar.

Put a screw in the lid of a sealed jar and suck as hard as you can a,d you will see it develops a vacuum and nothing can flow.
The hydrogen is developed via electrolysis of water (why he has the electrodes in the jar). The bubbling is the hydrogen separating from the oxygen which produces H and 02 molecules. In theory this would work much the same way NO2 works by increasing the amount of raw oxygen in the air (hydrogen doesn't hurt either seeing as it likes to combust and form H20 again) The gas is going to take up more volume then a liquid as the liquid is more dense and the excess gas is then pulled into the intake. The technology is not that far off, BMW and Honda have both developed hydrogen generating systems to power vehicles by using electrolysis.

·
Banned
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The hydrogen is developed via electrolysis of water (why he has the electrodes in the jar). The bubbling is the hydrogen separating from the oxygen which produces H and 02 molecules. In theory this would work much the same way NO2 works by increasing the amount of raw oxygen in the air (hydrogen doesn't hurt either seeing as it likes to combust and form H20 again) The gas is going to take up more volume then a liquid as the liquid is more dense and the excess gas is then pulled into the intake. The technology is not that far off, BMW and Honda have both developed hydrogen generating systems to power vehicles by using electrolysis.
Nono..

I know how hydrogen works, my question is how do you get hydrogen out of a sealed jar with with no air holes which allow you to draw from teh container.

You can't suck gas out of a sealed jar.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I like the fact that its made from "the highest quality materials".

I like those high quality plastic lids on the high quality glass jars.

I can see there will be a problem the first time he gets on the highway and
a nice big ol' rock comes thru the grill and shatters his contraption all to
hell. That ought to make a nice mess to clean up.

I also thought it was odd that he never actually showed himself driving
with this hooked up.

I can get my EVIC to read out any milage I want if I just reset it while I am
driving and then take my foot off the gas and coast.

I actually got my milage readout to show over 100 MPG a few times by
doing this.

He never states how many miles he drove to get his new MPG reading, so
I don't believe he is getting what he claims without backing info.

Jim

·
Registered
169 Posts
Actually the PCV line that he hooks up to is the one that draws the blow-by from the engine to be recirculated back into the intake to be burned. If you introduce a combustable into that line it will be drawn into the engine for combustion.

Now as far as the effectiveness, ...........:rolleyes:

cheers

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Nono..

I know how hydrogen works, my question is how do you get hydrogen out of a sealed jar with with no air holes which allow you to draw from teh container.

You can't suck gas out of a sealed jar.

I don't think its pulling a vacuum as much as the gas is expanding and occupying the volume of the hose. I would also question the seal of the lid to the jar. His electrodes could be hollow as well. There are many possibilities.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Thanks for clarifying sauceman. The PCV valve draws from the engine into the intake not the other way around. Obviously my first post wasn't read thoroughly as I stated I had never heard of this setup and I wanted to provoke discussion not defend this guy or setup. I am merely trying to clarify that Northern had made several incorrect observations, nothing more. Theres nothing wrong with a good discussion about anything but the facts need to stay facts and not assumptions. Now who has the balls to put this on there Hemi?

·
Banned
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Actually the PCV line that he hooks up to is the one that draws the blow-by from the engine to be recirculated back into the intake to be burned. If you introduce a combustable into that line it will be drawn into the engine for combustion.

Now as far as the effectiveness, ...........:rolleyes:

cheers
You don't ever want a combustible and highly volatile gas in your oil pan ever, especially hydrogen.

·
Banned
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for clarifying sauceman. The PCV valve draws from the engine into the intake not the other way around. Obviously my first post wasn't read thoroughly as I stated I had never heard of this setup and I wanted to provoke discussion not defend this guy or setup. I am merely trying to clarify that Northern had made several incorrect observations, nothing more. Theres nothing wrong with a good discussion about anything but the facts need to stay facts and not assumptions. Now who has the balls to put this on there Hemi?
You don't have a clue how it works, yet I am wrong? Yea, great arguement.

The idiot in the video is trying to pawn off that it is going into the airfilter and not into the oilpan. Where was that incorrect observation.

Several incorrect observations??? I said it was going into the oil pan, AND NOT INTO THE INTAKE where he said it was going. So where the hell did I make an "incorrect observation".

Seeing you want to argue for the scamming setup, how about you put it on your car. You seem to back it up, now prove I am wrong and suck hydrogen into your PCV fesh air line and show me the mileage improvement.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts