Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Firstly, a massive thanks to anyone who has ever posted on this forum. I am a newbie, bought my first 300C a couple of months ago and have learned so much from the forum, so am very grateful.

The first couple of months have not exactly been trouble free, so am looking to get a scanner/code reader to be able to help diagnose myself.

I have read a lot of posts about these scanners/readers and am a bit unsure which ones will work with my 2007 CRD so would appreciate comments from owners who have used any on the attached.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I bought an Innova 3100j from Amazon.com for Just under $90 which reads codes from my CRD. I have read engine and wheel sensor codes with it. I believe it will read transmission codes too but fortunately I haven't had any to read yet.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, still looking for a scanner that will definitely work on my 300C diesel.

Does anyone have any of the scanners I have posted pictures of above, please?

·
Registered
458 Posts
I went with this program that works on a laptop and uses a relatively inexpensive blue tooth OBD2 adapter.
It shows far more info than a standard OBD scanner will. It even told me that my center speaker was disconnected. lol
But besides just scanning for codes, it can also be used to trigger actuators and other components for testing purposes.
Other members here also own it that can confirm it, but I am pretty sure it will work with the CRD's too, but you can also ask the vendor about that to confirm.
It is about $40.00 for the software, with free lifetime updates and the recommended adapter is about $50.00.
They are working on a newer version that will supposedly also program keys, which if true could be useful for anyone in the UK.

It will only work on the vehicle that it is registered to because they link the vin number of the car to the software, but additional licenses can be purchased for another vehicle.

As for the ones you posted pics of, they are all junk. None of them could be trusted to give accurate data.
I had bought one of those blue tooth ones like in your picture from ebay, and it displayed incorrect voltage on the car. (the blue one, second from the right in the pic.)

·
Registered
254 Posts
I bought an Autel MD805 from Amazon. The cheaper ones are ok for basic engine codes but when it comes to ABS, Trans etc you need something a bit better.

·
Premium Member
4,902 Posts
I too recently purchased an Autel Maxicheck. Its got an auto-bleed function and is really good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
badgx
Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums
Join the 300c forum community to discuss the Chrysler 300c, SRT8, horsepower specs, AWD system and so much more!
Full Forum Listing