Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, you know when you have a bad bearing or rotor what it sounds like? I swore I had a either bad bearing or rotor so I went ahead and changed both front bearings, rotors and brakes. After that, I STILL have the scoring sound!? What else could it be?
2006 300 3.5Lv6

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
hey guys, you know when you have a bad bearing or rotor what it sounds like? I swore I had a either bad bearing or rotor so I went ahead and changed both front bearings, rotors and brakes. After that, I STILL have the scoring sound!? What else could it be?
2006 300 3.5Lv6
And the dust shields are secure?

·
Registered
47 Posts
How often do you drive the car? What is the weather like? Could be just a little rust on the rotors. Does it go away after you drive?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
there are no dust shields. it's a sealed bearing, the rotor mounts right on that. when I spin the wheel off the ground, there is no noise.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
brand new rotors. just put them on and drove the car... when the car is off the ground, I spin the wheels, no noise.

I should have lifted the car and spun the wheels first before buying all the parts but I was so certain it was either rotors or bearings, I replaced them all.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Yeh means the metal dust shield on the brakes, like tin sheet if not aligned it can catch the disc. I had this last year after I had overhauled the discs, it's a fine line between scrape or not I found.
With the wheels off the ground it just might be enough to stop the noise.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
there are no dust shields on this car brakes, rotors and bearings are new. I just put them on and on the test drive, the noise was still there. I'm wondering if its something to do with the driveshaft bearing now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts