Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here's the scenario...

i was going going over a speedbump at about 2 km/h then suddenly right about when half of my car had already passed through, i hear a brief scraping sound.

can someone enlighten me on this matter as i am really getting paranoid...

was it the resonator, underchassis or some piping? (my car is not lowered)

will something start to rust, or did something get misaligned?

i was hoping you guys could give ur inputs... :( thanks so much.

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
First thats about 4-5 mph right? You can not hit speed breakers that fast, these cars will bottom out going that fast especially if you hit one of those high bumps. Look under the car, you probably hit the underside of the side skirts. I did the same thing by dirving off a paved road onto an unpaved road.

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
frank29 said:
No. Its 1.24 mph.
Thanks Frank, me and the metric system just cant remember to add, subtract, mutiply or divide. Even after all the time I have spent overseas driving in Kuwait I cant remember the whole conversion thing. I just knew that I could drive my gov rental to max speed of 190kph-118mph w/o worrying about the police. I found a conversion table so I should be good from now on. LOL.

Yeah what crhemi said.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Doubtfull there is any damage. There is a cross member under the car that protects the underside and everyithing else is tucked up underneath. I've had a couple of situation like this and have had no damage or issues. Just try not to make a habit of it. But how large was the speed bump? I can understand why I have scrapped a couple of times my car is lowered 2" in front and 2 1/4" in th rear, but stock hiegth.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I had almost the same thing happen and it was the muffler/resonators that had the scrape marks. That was over 6 months ago and no problems with mine.

·
Registered
268 Posts
i have scraped mine 10 million times... some so horrific you would shed a tear if you were in earshot.... but!.. everything is still fine.. just got to get used to creeping around every place that isn't nice & flat. (my 300c is on KW variant 2's lowered about 1.75" all the way around)

·
Registered
701 Posts
PixelPusher said:
i have scraped mine 10 million times... some so horrific you would shed a tear if you were in earshot.... but!.. everything is still fine.. just got to get used to creeping around every place that isn't nice & flat. (my 300c is on KW variant 2's lowered about 1.75" all the way around)
Hey I looked at your pics. How do you like the Dubair CAI?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
LOL. I'm careful but ever so often stuff happens.

Joey great reply thanks for the phoros

PixelPusher said:

·
Registered
268 Posts
artichoke said:
Hey I looked at your pics. How do you like the Dubair CAI?
eh it looks cool and sounds cool but I don't really know if it adds any power or not. But combined with the magnaflows the car really does sound deep and mean when you get on it. So my final opinion would be that it's "fun". :banana:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts