Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, thanks to the wonderful Massachusetts Winter, my front fascia got all scraped up. I was pulling into my friends driveway while it was snowing with about 6 inches of snow on the ground. Well What looked like snow was a 6 inch high wall on the side of his driveway. While pulling in, I scraped up the front fascia pretty bad down by the wheel well and the fog light. Since this part is plastic, my question is can it be sanded and repainted or does the whole part need to be replaced? I am taking it in for some scheduled maintenance in a week and am going to have my dealers body shop look at it. I am just not familiar with body work and I don't want to get taken by having to replace the whole fascia when just sanding and repainting is necessary. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
jcsganga34 said:
Ok, thanks to the wonderful Massachusetts Winter, my front fascia got all scraped up. I was pulling into my friends driveway while it was snowing with about 6 inches of snow on the ground. Well What looked like snow was a 6 inch high wall on the side of his driveway. While pulling in, I scraped up the front fascia pretty bad down by the wheel well and the fog light. Since this part is plastic, my question is can it be sanded and repainted or does the whole part need to be replaced? I am taking it in for some scheduled maintenance in a week and am going to have my dealers body shop look at it. I am just not familiar with body work and I don't want to get taken by having to replace the whole fascia when just sanding and repainting is necessary. Anyone have any ideas?
Is it noticeably when you look at it? I ran over a curb and scratched up the underside of my front bumper and it bothered me until I realized that I was the only one who noticed it. I guess I now can live with it although I am very picky in regards to my cars.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can see the beginning of the scratches on the side by the wheel, if you look at it from the front, you can begin to see the scratches the the lower left fog light. I guess I'll get an estimate. I am completely anal about my car, and as long as it bothers me then the fact that others can't see it still isn't a factor. Man, I hate having this type of personality. On a side note, I washed and waxed the car yesterday (to get the salt off of it) and noticed a ding about the size of a 50 cent coin on my rear drivers side door. Looks like I'll be making my 3rd appointment with my local dent repair tech. *SIGH* I still don't understand why people have to disrespect other peoples property.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts