1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
979 Posts
pretty cool i use a method close to the nitty gritty but rather than shoe polish i use touch up paint to fill the scratch usually two-three coats of touch up so it is actually raised works best for me. The first coat and sometimes the second when drying shrinks into the crack so often times if the crack is deep it will still appear through the fresh paint. then i get my 2000 grit in a soapy car wash water and sand (but stop and wipe every little bit to see results). taking to much off you will ruin the paint (obviosuly)

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
todd0218 your right you check while you are sanding because when I was sanding and I never checked and the car had dull spots all over the car.Had to take the car to my detailer and he had to buff out all the spots,thank god I didnt damanged the paint.

·
Registered
979 Posts
todd0218 your right you check while you are sanding because when I was sanding and I never checked and the car had dull spots all over the car.Had to take the car to my detailer and he had to buff out all the spots,thank god I didnt damanged the paint.
yeah its easy to make dull spots i did it too but a good 3m rubbing compound by hand or d/a then following up with a coat or two of wax and the dull spot should look shiny again..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts