Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2011 300c that uses the scram card rather than the built in hard drive like the my gig. I liked the ease of my 2008 where I insert CD and select "copy" and I have a hard drive of music.

I am new to these SD cards. I am from the 8 track generation just to give you some background so yes I have CD's to copy.

I copied some music from iTunes from my wife's mac just to try this. I copied 10 songs to the card and the mac showed 10 files on that card. When I insert the card into the car and select it via the radio I get 20 files listed in the count and the first 10 all result in a card read error. I don't know what these other files are? Some kind of meta data? No matter what I do for copy method I always get double the count where half are bad and half work great.

The old iPod works fine out of the usb port and CD's play well. So the system appears fine.

Any ideas for me?

This was the answer. Thanks Cosmo!
find /Volumes/<your-volume-name> -name '._*' -type f -delete

·
Registered
558 Posts
I have a 2011 300c that uses the scram card rather than the built in hard drive like the my gig. I liked the ease of my 2008 where I insert CD and select "copy" and I have a hard drive of music.

I am new to these SD cards. I am from the 8 track generation just to give you some background so yes I have CD's to copy.

I copied some music from iTunes from my wife's mac just to try this. I copied 10 songs to the card and the mac showed 10 files on that card. When I insert the card into the car and select it via the radio I get 20 files listed in the count and the first 10 all result in a card read error. I don't know what these other files are? Some kind of meta data? No matter what I do for copy method I always get double the count where half are bad and half work great.

The old iPod works fine out of the usb port and CD's play well. So the system appears fine.

Any ideas for me?
Those are the invisible files that are created on the mac (I believe they are from the underlying unix OS). You need to delete them, but I'm not sure if this can be done on the mac or not (I am not sure if they are recreated when the disk is reinserted in the Mac, or if they are the result of copying them on the mac). I usually remove them with a script on my PC.

This link may be of help to you:
http://superuser.com/questions/319553/does-anyone-have-a-mac-terminal-script-to-remove-hidden-files

1 - 2 of 2 Posts