Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

I have been working on the idea of a 300 c Clubfor the past few weeks (apologies to anyone if there is already one) & believe there is more than enough interest to get this up & running.

I have a dealer who is willing to be a sponsoring dealer & an aftermarket parts suppliers that has expressed interest in becoming a sponsor. I would expect we could get a lot more on board as well. We would be able to set up web site, Logo's t shirts etc from sponsors funds.

Basically i thought of 1 cruise from Brisbane 1 month & 1 cruise from the Gold Coast the next with maybe a 1 night runs per month as well. We can sort that out later.
First of all---

1: Please let me know if your interested

2: Should it be for 300C only or all modern Mopar.(no offence to old school mopar)

Cheers
Garry

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I am keen.....There are a couple of Chrysler groups around including Queensland Chryslers (seems to be mainly the older stuff) and PTCruisersDownunder (They now classify themselves as a Modern MOPAR group as the PT Cruiser is going to be discontinued in 2009. Both of these clubs are based in Brisbane and hold a number of cruises. mind you the modern MOPAR group seems like a good area to me as I personally don't want to be in the PT cruiser group just because of the name :)

I am assuming you would plan on linking back to this forum? :)

Do you mind if I ask which dealer is getting behind this?

Another reason for it to be modern MOPAR is the dealer that will be supporting this I am sure sells more than just the 300C so to be able to include the Dodges and Jeeps would be of more value to them......maybe?

Direct copy and paste from the other forum but I figured it could be useful on both :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yep i think maybe modern mopar is the way to go. i understand that Dodge are finally considering bringing the RAM pickup in themselves (may put a few of them right hand drive converters out of business & another Dodge model is coming later this year it would probably make sense to make it Modern Mopar club or something similar.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I am interested.

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
We considered this down here in Melbourne but pull back from it due to the formalities required to run an official Club. You would need to have people elected into certain positions (president, treasurer, etc.) and if you hold events you may need liability insurance.

My advice is, do your homework before you rush into this.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
We considered this down here in Melbourne but pull back from it due to the formalities required to run an official Club. You would need to have people elected into certain positions (president, treasurer, etc.) and if you hold events you may need liability insurance.

My advice is, do your homework before you rush into this.
Thanks John, Probably the biggest down side to the club is sometimes all the formalities/bullSh#t that go along with it. I used to be treasurer for a Torana club years ago so i have done this before & know there are some headaches:twak: involved but generally speaking it was a great to get people together to share the passion for there cars.

I was chatting to 2 300 owners yesterday that i saw in the shopping centre car park & with the interest shown so far in this forum & another forum i think we can at least get together for a regular meet & greet/cruise & take it from there.

Keep showing your interest:arms:

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Thanks John, Probably the biggest down side to the club is sometimes all the formalities/bullSh#t that go along with it. I used to be treasurer for a Torana club years ago so i have done this before & know there are some headaches:twak: involved but generally speaking it was a great to get people together to share the passion for there cars.

I was chatting to 2 300 owners yesterday that i saw in the shopping centre car park & with the interest shown so far in this forum & another forum i think we can at least get together for a regular meet & greet/cruise & take it from there.

Keep showing your interest:arms:
An option we could look at is to leverage of the PT Cruiser Club. I was speaking to the president and he indicated he would be happy for us to be members but hold our own cruise but be covered by their public liability insurance. From what I can gather the public liability [email protected] we have to deal with these days is where the biggest hassle comes in. If we could form a partnership with the other club maybe we could operate independently but leverage of their existing insurance.

Just throwing ideas around :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Good point pusbum. I have spoken to a few people this morning & have been told the easiest way to get around it is join another club or join Marque Car Club of qld which are affilaiated with CAMS. By joining them we can have our own club but will be covered by there Insurance. I have been told if we are just having social runs on public roads there is no need for insurance as we are covered by our own CTP & comprehensive etc.
Its when you hold an event (say a show & shine) on public or private land that you need it, but by joining there club we will be covered under there policy. I am finding out more info on costs etc & have spoken to a broker about suppling a quote for our own club (should be interesting). Watch this space.
Social runs for the start is looking really good eh????.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Yeah mate should be interesting. I am always keen for a bit of a drive with some good blokes :)

Ok thst didn't sound as dodgey in my head ;-)

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Ahahahaahahahhhahaha

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just an update. The club can join Cams for $264 & we will be covered by there Public Liability insurance so not so bad. Will take a little while to get up & running but very confident it can be done.
If anyone would like to get involved with getting this up & running drop me a pm with some contact details & we can arrange a time to meet. Thank you to those who have expressed interest so far
I think the Chryslers on the Coast show on March 30th would be a good test to see who is interested. Meeting at the BP at Coomera at 9am for a cruise down to the Burleigh Show.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts