Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for all your input about the use of Seafoam. What exactly does it do and does it actually work as advertised.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Personally, I'm a fan. It has multiple uses - can go in intake, oil or gas tank... I use it in the gas tank about every oil change - and have previously "seafoamed the intake" of previous vehicles. I can also be used several miles before an oil change to help clean up the engine internals (I've not done this, however).

I've not examined the intake before and after, but my seat-of-the-pants-ometer tells me that the times I did use it, there was some benefit.

My local Andersons General Store stocks cans for like, $6 or $7 regular price. Most other places are $8.99.

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
Seafoam products can be used to clean your fuel system, engine top end, throttle body and intake manifold.

Deposits from fuel combustion byproducts form in all those areas and can be detrimental to vehicle efficient operation, fuel mileage and performance. Seafoam will remove these deposits

·
Banned
294 Posts
Not a fan of any additives. Have had cars with 300 miles and only put gas and oil in them. It is your wallet though.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I've been using Sea Foam for several years now. I don't follow their "every oil change and every fill up". Mostly once a year I'll do the full treatment (oil, gas and intake).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts