Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to use a sealent for the protection on my car but I also want to get the deep, rich look from a carnuba wax. Would I put the sealant on first and then a couple of coats of wax, or vise versa?

Thanks.

·
Registered
771 Posts
On a clean car I put the sealant on first, then about 2 hr's later waxed it!

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
With the right mild polish/cleaner used before the sealant you can get both the longer term protection of the sealant and the deep shine and luster of carnuba (IMO) without having to do the additional waxing step (which would be "good" for only 30 days of constant exposure at best).

·
Registered
771 Posts
Actually I guess you could do it either way. I was using Zaino and here's what they suggest! They mention putting it on over a fully cured wax near the bottom of the article!

Starting with a properly clean and dry vehicle, application of Z-CS Clear Seal with a soft cotton applicator pad can take up to 5 minutes. Designed to work equally well on paint, glass, wheels, plastic, or trim without staining, about ¼ ounce of product will complete an average sized vehicle.

Application simplicity aside, equal if not more important factors for consumers are gloss, protection, slickness, and long term durability. Independent detailers report, "Z-CS Clear Seal, used by itself, rivals the gloss, protection, and slickness of any product by any other manufacturer." While environmental and driving characteristics vary, independent testers have witnessed up to 9 months of durability with Z-CS Clear Seal.

Since some car care enthusiasts prefer to adopt systems of maintenance, Z-CS Clear Seal offers the ultimate in paint and surface gloss and durability when used with the full line of Zaino products. “You’ll be amazed with the results using Z-CS by itself. Just imagine incorporating Z-CS into the Zaino system of products,” says Sal Zaino.

While Sal Zaino confesses that Z-CS Clear Seal also adds gloss and durability to competitors products, “I’m not in the business to make someone else’s products better, but yes, it does work.” Using Z-CS Clear Seal over any fully cured wax or sealant product will extend gloss and durability. However, Z-CS was designed and engineered for use with Zaino Show Car Polish Products.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Hey TJBennett,

Adam's Buttery Wax is all in one! We at Adam's were ready to solve this problem of Pop and Protection. Our Buttery Wax is a 50 / 50 mix consisting White Brazilian Carnauba and also a sealant. The lasting of this Wax is the same time frames as far as sealants go, and the Carnauba is of the highest quality offering the most prestige POP Shine you can find Guaranteed. The Wax is applied easy and immediately comes right off just as easy!

Check out the Link!

Buttery Wax

Let me know what you think?

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I think I am going to order a bottle and see how it works.Do you apply it ,one section at a time or do the hole car and then wait for a haze.Can it be applied by hand.Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
I am tracking, via autopia and OCD early on.. don't put sealant over the wax, but do it the other way around.

I have some Collinite #845 Insulator wax that came highly recommended, but alas I haven't put it on yet, so you'll have to wait until maybe my mid tour R&R for a review. Maybe a bit more motivate to do it about that time... ;)

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Maguires, liquid GOLD CLASS wax seems to do a great job on dark clours. Ive been using this for years. If there is light surface scratches, Maguires Scratch X is perfect using the small foam applicator pads for removal. Always remember circular motions. Great results. No swirls!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Actually I guess you could do it either way. I was using Zaino and here's what they suggest! They mention putting it on over a fully cured wax near the bottom of the article!

Starting with a properly clean and dry vehicle, application of Z-CS Clear Seal with a soft cotton applicator pad can take up to 5 minutes. Designed to work equally well on paint, glass, wheels, plastic, or trim without staining, about ¼ ounce of product will complete an average sized vehicle.

Application simplicity aside, equal if not more important factors for consumers are gloss, protection, slickness, and long term durability. Independent detailers report, "Z-CS Clear Seal, used by itself, rivals the gloss, protection, and slickness of any product by any other manufacturer." While environmental and driving characteristics vary, independent testers have witnessed up to 9 months of durability with Z-CS Clear Seal.

Since some car care enthusiasts prefer to adopt systems of maintenance, Z-CS Clear Seal offers the ultimate in paint and surface gloss and durability when used with the full line of Zaino products. “You’ll be amazed with the results using Z-CS by itself. Just imagine incorporating Z-CS into the Zaino system of products,” says Sal Zaino.

While Sal Zaino confesses that Z-CS Clear Seal also adds gloss and durability to competitors products, “I’m not in the business to make someone else’s products better, but yes, it does work.” Using Z-CS Clear Seal over any fully cured wax or sealant product will extend gloss and durability. However, Z-CS was designed and engineered for use with Zaino Show Car Polish Products.
I just used Zaino on my 2006 SRT8 last weekend, I have a BLACK 300 and it looks great! I recommend Zaino, but it's not cheap!

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Hey TJBennett,

Adam's Buttery Wax is all in one! We at Adam's were ready to solve this problem of Pop and Protection. Our Buttery Wax is a 50 / 50 mix consisting White Brazilian Carnauba and also a sealant. The lasting of this Wax is the same time frames as far as sealants go, and the Carnauba is of the highest quality offering the most prestige POP Shine you can find Guaranteed. The Wax is applied easy and immediately comes right off just as easy!

Check out the Link!

Buttery Wax

Let me know what you think?

Thanks,
Hey Justin, I have a question about the buttery wax. I have both the wax meant for the buffer and the buttery wax from the two kits I ordered from you. Yesterday I used the buffer wax with the PC buffer. What's the difference between the two and can the buttery wax be used with the buffer?

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Guys, make no mistake about it, waxes have come a long long way since I last used them!!! I urge you to try the Buttery Wax!!!

I'm in the process of completely detailing my car with pretty much the whole Adams line of products. Before buyiing the Adams Polishes stuff I was a die hard fan of Gary Kouba's sealant simply for the ease of use.

Yesterday after washing, claying, polishing and using the wax meant for a power buffer I thought my car looked pretty damned good. Today I decided to give my car a coat of Buttery Wax by hand. It only took me about an hour to do BTW. I'm following along with the DVD and there's a lot of great tips to be learned from that.

The last time I used paste wax you had to do one panel at a time and it was a bitch to get off! The Buttery Wax is applied in the same manner as sealant, in that you cover the whole car then hand buff it off. I was expecting it to be dried and hard to get off. This stuff is phenominal, goes on like butter and comes off just as easily with the microfiber towels, speaking of which, they are a lot softer than Gary's towels. Much too good for a baby's ass.

Now for the glaze, tires and wheels. I'll be doing a complete review with pics when I'm done. Whew, I'm on break now...haha!!!

Bernie

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Hey frankieo,

The Buttery Wax has Zero drying / curing time! I Apply the Buttery Wax large sections at a time...maybe the hood and fenders then buff! It is up to you...You can apply the Buttery Wax by hand or with a machine.

Let me know if this helps!

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Hey Bernie,

The Buttery Wax can be used with the PC...but the Machine Polish and Wax cannot be applied by hand!

The difference is the Machine Super Wax and Polish was formulated to easily work with machine, it is more consistent and will spread a little better. I’m not saying that the Buttery Wax won't do the Job though!

Let me know if this helps,

Thanks,

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Justin, I think I prefered applying the Buttery Wax by hand. Thanks for the tip though. I just finished applying the glaze and what can I say, other than I blinded myself...haha. I'll be doing a review some time tonight. I'm a happy camper!!! Right now I need to go out for a box of beer!!!

Bernie

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Uh...you don't drink beer! Glad to hear you are loving the Buttery Wax and blinding results of the glaze.

Justin...still waiting to hear back from you regarding an Adam's clinic for CenCal LX Club! It doesn't have to be right away but would love to get some long term planning accomplished for our very active club.

bruno

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Ya know, I think the wax has more depth to it compared to Gary Kouba's sealant. Went to pick up my beer, and yes bruno I do drink beer from time to time, this being one of those...haha. The only problem is it was VERY windy and now I have a light covering of dust all over my car. Ain't that always the case though!!! Still, I took some pics and I'll be submitting one for the weekly contest Adams is putting on here too.

Bernie

·
Registered
107 Posts
ouch...

Justin, I think I prefered applying the Buttery Wax by hand. Thanks for the tip though. I just finished applying the glaze and what can I say, other than I blinded myself...haha. I'll be doing a review some time tonight. I'm a happy camper!!! Right now I need to go out for a box of beer!!!

Bernie
i thought he blinded himself because some splashed in his eyes while applying it... :pat:

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
i thought he blinded himself because some splashed in his eyes while applying it... :pat:
Haha, not so, but all the stuff smells so damned good I felt like eating it. The whole thing was well worth the effort. Gonna do my bike next!!!

Bernie

·
Registered
771 Posts
Well Rambo Rabbit if you were previously in the military and didn't drink beer I'd be a bit worried about you! :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts