Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, first time poster. Just bought my 05 300C yesterday and I'm loving it.

My only complaint is the seat wont move back when I take out the key.
The only thing that happens is the steering wheel moves up.

The seat is suppose to move back along with the column moving up correct?

If so, how do I fix this?

·
Registered
263 Posts
you have to turn on that feature through the personal settings in the EVIC. If the feature is already turned on and still not working, try resetting it by moving the seat all the way forward then press your preset seat settings on the door then should work. Mine needs to be reset every so often I do that trick and starts working again everytime. I hope this helps

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
I think to reset the function you have to move the seat fully forward AND fully backward before trying the door buttons again, i.e., the system has to relearn where the stops are.

Also... if your normal seating position is within 2 in. of the fully back stop, then it won't go to the stop when you open the door to exit. That's just the way it is.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys i'm gonna go check it out now, i think it may be that its with in 2 inches to the rear but i'm gonna go outside now and check

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok so i reset the seat and moved it up just a smidge, now it works, thanks guys! now i gotta start a new thread about a new problem...

·
Registered
367 Posts
i got same problem of my 06 300c.cos i dont hv power steering wheels.so only should have the seat move back...but nothing happen.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the problem has come back for me. the seat just stopped moving back, every time i drove i had to reset the driver 1 memory and move the seat forward just a smidge. now it doesnt work unless i'm way up there. i'm about 4-5 inches from the furthest back position and it wont move back, sometimes it will if i reset it. is there a way to force it to move all the way back upon exit?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts