Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I had my driver's seat set up such that it would move back when I'm exiting the car. It was working perfectly with no problems. Then last night when I come home I go to get out and the seat doesn't move, the steering wheel moves up like it should but nothing from the seat.

I turn the car back on and press the driver profile 1 button and then make sure the system is set to move the seat on exit. I turn the car off and it still doesn't move except the steering wheel.

I don't have the seat all the way back either. Anyone else have the problem or know a solution? The individual seat adjustment controls work fine.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Ok so I had my driver's seat set up such that it would move back when I'm exiting the car. It was working perfectly with no problems. Then last night when I come home I go to get out and the seat doesn't move, the steering wheel moves up like it should but nothing from the seat.

I turn the car back on and press the driver profile 1 button and then make sure the system is set to move the seat on exit. I turn the car off and it still doesn't move except the steering wheel.

I don't have the seat all the way back either. Anyone else have the problem or know a solution? The individual seat adjustment controls work fine.
Bring it into the dealership. The only similiar issue I've had is every once and awhile the wheel and seat will not automatically adjust....but all I have to do is manually hit the position 1 and all is well.....never experienced anything like you have going on

·
Registered
48 Posts
My wife's car had that same problem a couple months ago. Turned out there was something on the runners under the seat....blocked the seat from moving. Take a good flashlight and look carefully under the seat. There could be something laying on the runners, like a coin or stone or who knows what? It could be as simple as that...worth a look.

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts

Try moving the seat all the way forward then all the way back. If this doesn't correct the problem, have this flash done - http://www.wkjeeps.com/misc/LX/TSB/TSB_0802406.pdf.

Bernie

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. I'll try the different thoughts and if they don't work I guess I'll take it to the dealer and see what they can do.
The seat moves just fine if I use the controls.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Thanks for the info. I'll try the different thoughts and if they don't work I guess I'll take it to the dealer and see what they can do.
The seat moves just fine if I use the controls.
i have the same problem, my battery went dead, all seat settings were lost. i tried resetting and nothing, seat, steering wheel, pedals. nothing will preset. it will work manually. i also tried moving the seat all the way forward and back. still nothing. im of to the dealer if it ever stops snowing here.

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Yeah, it looks like both you guys need to get that TSB done.

Bernie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts