Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just curious if anyone has seen any cops rolling around in Chrysler "Enforcers". It would be an even greater slap in the face for Ford and GM if police forces began replacing Wimpalas and Crown Vics with 300Cs, plus to see one "copped out" would be sweet!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Huuuh !!!

Redman said:
..., just dont try to run it.
Bad Boyz..Bad Boyz..What'cha gonna do,
What'cha gonna do when day come fo' you
Cops..the REAL reality show..

·
Premium Member
4,071 Posts
nick_danger said:
I'm just curious if anyone has seen any cops rolling around in Chrysler "Enforcers". It would be an even greater slap in the face for Ford and GM if police forces began replacing Wimpalas and Crown Vics with 300Cs, plus to see one "copped out" would be sweet!
It's not going to happen.

However,

What WILL happen is the Charger squads. It's a perfect platform and price for municipalities.

·
Registered
529 Posts
vvv90 said:
It's not going to happen.

However,

What WILL happen is the Charger squads. It's a perfect platform and price for municipalities.
I agree with you there will not be any 300C's dressed up as police cars. I can see the Charger, but I know our police sevice looked at the Magnums but the price was out of range, and they started ordering Fords. I think DC got a wake up call on pricing and they may enter the market, but don't look for C's at least not north of the US border.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
nick_danger said:
Actually, this is my next mod. ;)

·
Registered
51 Posts
It won't happen overnight. Most police motor pools in the United States look like Crown Vic graveyards. Everytime one gets stacked in a wreck, every usable scrap is stripped and stuffed on a shelf or in a bin, or littered about across a back lot. It's not just a matter of changing over from Ford to Chrysler with the switching of keys. They have to buy a substantially sized initial fleet, and do something with all the spare parts they've accumulated over the years for the Vics. I'd personally rather the cops stick with Fords. No need giving them an advantage!

I'm not a big fan of the new Charger, but man it looks mean in that video. One thing for sure, they add those to a station's fleet, recruitment goes up.

·
Registered
101 Posts
how about 300 taxi's

haven't seen any 300 squads, but last fall while at the SEMA convention with the dozens (seemed like hundreds) of modded 300's, I asked a taxi driver what the next big thing was for a taxi.

He said that 300's were coming into vegas by the trainload.

In Central Illinois where I live we don't even have many taxi's but if that was true for Vegas, then it should be true for NY, Chicago, LA etc.

As for cost, the 2.7 300 should be just in line with the Crown Vic or Impala and a lot roomier, plus RWD should be better than the Impala for long-term use. If the independent rear suspension will hold up to the rigors of taxi/police use is still to be seen.

Dynodon
300C Magnesium
Illinois

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
dynodon said:
haven't seen any 300 squads, but last fall while at the SEMA convention with the dozens (seemed like hundreds) of modded 300's, I asked a taxi driver what the next big thing was for a taxi.

In Central Illinois where I live we don't even have many taxi's but if that was true for Vegas, then it should be true for NY, Chicago, LA etc.

As for cost, the 2.7 300 should be just in line with the Crown Vic or Impala and a lot roomier, plus RWD should be better than the Impala for long-term use. If the independent rear suspension will hold up to the rigors of taxi/police use is still to be seen.

Dynodon
300C Magnesium
Illinois
No police force in their right minds is going to replace V8 powered cruisers (let alone highway interceptors) with the 2.7 V6 variant of a 300.

·
Registered
162 Posts
dynodon said:

Dynodon
300C Magnesium
Illinois

I've seen at least 50 300C's as taxi cabs and it rips your heart out when you see them with the smut sign's on top of them and all cheaped out with stickers, signs and crappy extra paint. With all these 300C taxi's surrounding you, you feel like you own a TAXI, and the Valet guy is thinking nice Taxi.

Trust me it's destroys the perceived value of the C in the areas that C's are used as Taxi's. This is the only time I wasn't proud to own a C.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
7,554 Posts
300C_AWD said:
I've seen at least 50 300C's as taxi cabs and it rips your heart out when you see them with the smut sign's on top of them and all cheaped out with stickers, signs and crappy extra paint. With all these 300C taxi's surrounding you, you feel like you own a TAXI, and the Valet guy is thinking nice Taxi.

Trust me it's destroys the perceived value of the C in the areas that C's are used as Taxi's. This is the only time I wasn't proud to own a C.
I commute on a route used by taxis to and from our airport. Every day I am amongst Lincoln Town Cars being used as taxis. V8 rear drivers are noted for longivity and low operating costs, compared to large FWD cars.

I view all of this as normal. I expect to see LX Hemi products being used in the same way.

Rugged North American cars offering good value.

Doesn't bother me one bit.

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
i seen a magnum auburn hills cruiser with a customer on 75 n last week....it was about a mile from dcx HQ...looked kool...but then again it wasnt in my rear view mirror....lol

·
Registered
529 Posts
Northern Rider said:
It's rumoured that the Ottawa Police Force is getting Hemi powered 300's and Magnums.
Now that's a good rumour to start. I wouldn't hold my breathe on that one unless your buddies in the Liberal party give Ottawa some of that sponsorship money the stole from us. Hmmmmm!!!!!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
JJS, the V6 application I was talking about was for the taxi fleet. But, many city forces have no problem with V6 powered cars, about anything sold today will do the job power-wise, at least for small cities where it is unusual to get past 60-70 mph.

As for 300 Taxi use....I can see where some would think having a 300 as a taxi is a put-down, but actually, it means they think they are not only a good value, but that they will hold up under the most extreme conditions.

The fact that there are some 300 taxi's won't make me think any less of my own 300C.

Dynodon
300C Magnesium
Illinois
Our home town department uses Impala's now. The 300 3.5 would be a step up!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
jjs said:
No police force in their right minds is going to replace V8 powered cruisers (let alone highway interceptors) with the 2.7 V6 variant of a 300.
Except for the thousands and thousands of Wimpalas and Intrepids on the road right now being used as pursuit vehicles. Talk to any cop and he'll tell you that the Crown Vics are terrible at high speeds. Unlike the 90s-era Caprices, which actually adhere to the ground more at higher speeds, the Vics get floaty, making them pretty unsafe. Then there's the whole issue with the Crown Vics and their exploding gas tanks...

Contradictory to what "Cops" and "World's Scariest Police Chases" leads us to believe, police are very rarely involved in high-speed pursuits. Troopers definitely see more of it on highways, but it's still not very common. Even in places where it is more common, policies are being placed to restrict the pursuit of vehicles as it puts the rest of the motoring public in danger.

Cruisers need to have weight for basing other cars and roomy backseats to store perps. As law enforcement agencies look for ways to keep up with rising wages and benefit costs, you can bet they're also looking for ways to save on gas money...

There are plenty of reasons to switch to cars other than V8 cruisers. Don't get me wrong, I think cops should all have SRT8s, but then there's the whole cost thing...

·
Premium Member
4,071 Posts
jjs said:
I agree, but it's not because of the 2.7 V6, it's the weight of the 300. They're using Impala's and Intrepids all over where I live and I don't think they're that much faster. I think they'll buy chargers and magnums no doubt, considering the intrepid is gone and the impala sucks.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
300C_AWD said:

I feel that taxi cab owners also have the right to 'Bling-out' their rides as well. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts