Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello 3C,
I am moving to Germany in a month (military). I am faced with a couple decisions. Do I sell or keep my '12 SRT8? I've decided to sell. So, I can either sell here or in Germany. I received an offer for about a grand shy of my target price. However, I heard in Germany people will pay big bucks for an SRT8. Being in Germany, I will have the opportunity to buy any German car at a massive discount- including Porsche. So, I've decided I will buy a Porsche Macan while over there.

Does anyone have any experience selling a higher end American muscle car in Europe? Should I curb my expectations and sell here at a minimum loss or roll the dice in Germany? The later sounds like a high-risk, high-reward option. Again, if you have experience in this sort of thing- I'd love to hear.

·
Registered
320 Posts
No experience, but I guess you need to look at what you will get for it here, and compare that to what you think you will realistically get over there, minus the transportation cost and any value you put on the extra hassle. You'd have to decide for yourself how much of a difference makes it worthwhile. Since you want to buy a car over there, maybe there is also a benefit in selling your car in the local (German) currency.

You could just donate your car to me as well if you wish. I'll treat it very nice while you are gone :).

·
Registered
131 Posts
I would think that your 12 srt8 would be a super rare car over there plus being a lhd vehicle thats also unique out there Im guessing, is like having a rhd supra here. I would take it with me and take a chance over seas.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts