Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For the month of September 2004 Chrysler 300 and Dodge Magnum sales were down. Chrysler posted 2 number in the same report for 300 Sales:

Chrysler 300 sales:
Aug - 12,001
Sep - 11,304 = -5.8% drop
or
Sep - 11,163 = -9% drop

Dodge Magnum sales:
Aug - 5,410
Sep - 5,150 = -4.8% drop

"The Chrysler 300, which posted sales of 11,163 units, commands a significant slice of the Luxury Full-Size Car segment with a 23 percent share year-to-date. Since its April introduction, the 300 has risen to the top of its segment, outpacing world-class competitors like the Audi A6, BMW 5-Series, Cadillac CTS, Acura RL and Lexus GS430. The Chrysler brand posted sales of 47,473 units, up 43 percent over 2003 sales. Quarterly sales for the Chrysler brand totaled143,480 units, up 33 percent over year ago sales and setting a new quarterly sales record."

SEE REPORT - Chrysler Group Reports September 2004 U.S. Sales Increase 10 Percent

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Wonder what the breakout within 300s looks like.
Betcha' the number of "Cs" stayed even or up, no?

·
Registered
236 Posts
They've been fluctuating between 11K and 12K for a while. I think it's a supply issue, not a demand issue.

BTW, what are the sales to date? They only went on sale in April, officially, but I think it's over 70K for the 300/300C by now.

·
Registered
136 Posts
It is a supply issue. In are metro market as a whole for the month of september we we allocated 6 units. That is six units spread over 14 dealers! Last month they were building more of the magnum rt's than anything else. So those number are a supply issue. The other thing that they are short on is the hemi engine. The new Jeep grand cherokee is launched this month also is available with a HEMI. Those numbers are a complete reflection on Supply only. The country is running at about a 6-7 day supply meaning if they were to stop production all inventory would be gone in 6-7 days.

·
Registered
378 Posts
redwinger said:
It is a supply issue. In are metro market as a whole for the month of september we we allocated 6 units. That is six units spread over 14 dealers! Last month they were building more of the magnum rt's than anything else. So those number are a supply issue. The other thing that they are short on is the hemi engine. The new Jeep grand cherokee is launched this month also is available with a HEMI. Those numbers are a complete reflection on Supply only. The country is running at about a 6-7 day supply meaning if they were to stop production all inventory would be gone in 6-7 days.

God isn't that great. 6-7 day supply. Fantastic. That means that our resale value will remain high. At least for now anyway. :)

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ChromeTailfins said:
BTW, what are the sales to date? They only went on sale in April, officially, but I think it's over 70K for the 300/300C by now.
Year to date sales - 77,013

·
Registered
45 Posts
Still the 300 remains a very strong seller. I've seen very few available on dealer lots here in N. California / Silicon Valley. And we have a lot of car dealers here.

It's still on my short list that's for sure.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Gotta have product to sell, which translates into positive sales numbers. No product, no sales, hence negative numbers. While folks on the outside that analyze these things think this is bad. We folks in the know, know they can sell every car they make, they just gotta make more. Bring on the third shift at Brampton!

·
Registered
203 Posts
The funny thing is that west coast dealers are hurting for product - they sell every one they get immediately. Searching on the fivestar site, I found a Chicago dealer once with 16 300Cs in stock. Last week, the dealer in Highland Park, Michigan had 25 300Cs in stock! I didn't even count the Limiteds and other models.

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
deegee said:
The funny thing is that west coast dealers are hurting for product - they sell every one they get immediately. Searching on the fivestar site, I found a Chicago dealer once with 16 300Cs in stock. Last week, the dealer in Highland Park, Michigan had 25 300Cs in stock! I didn't even count the Limiteds and other models.
When I finally decided I had to have one NOW and didn't want to wait for my ordered C, I took the proactive route and started searching 5-star websites all over the U.S. and followed up by phone. What I found when calling was, despite the inventory indicated, their websites are not updated nor are they accurate.

I feel for those that are waiting patiently, but I don't want the 300 to become the PT Cruiser that you see everytime you turn around. If there were an abundance now it would detract from the uniqueness and sense of wonder we get to enjoy while they are still rare.

But can you imagine the kind of number$ they'd be doing if they did have the $upply??

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
This 30 minute long Chrysler Group Dealer Telecast video talks a little bit about September, and a lot about Q4 (Oct-Dec) sales incentives and Chrysler's marketing strategy for the next 3 months. This video talks a little about the 300/c and Magnum.

23 minutes into the vid, Gary Dilts VP sales N. America, said September was "a pretty good month, up 19% over August, but still not what we were looking for". Chrysler was looking for more due to all of the new products that were released. He didn't mention any product specific disappointments.

http://www.dcxmediaservices.com/videoptrs/wms/dctv/Oct04/DCRN_Oct.wvx

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
In that Dilts Video also note that he gave a percentage increase for every model except the 300 and Magnum. He only states that those models are selling well.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
E55 KEV said:
In that Dilts Video also note that he gave a percentage increase for every model except the 300 and Magnum. He only states that those models are selling well.
Except for the 19% Sept 04 vs Aug 04 mentioned later in the video, I believe all the percentage increases mentioned in the video were year over year comparisons. Since there are no 300 sales in 2003 they can't report a percentage change, so they have to talk about unit sales, or how the current unit sales met expectations.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I believe the video is a month to month update. Dilts gives one each month. So most numbers were comparing August to September. I view Dilt's video each month.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts