Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know alot of you have bad mouthed the sequence sq2's and whatnot, but i think im going to go for it just because they look nice and are in the price range im looking for (under $2000 with tires hopefully). however someone told me to make sure i get the 3 piece wheels as they are much stronger (anyone have any imput on 3 piece vs. other), but i cant seem to find them anywhere. does anyone know where i can get a set of these with tires for a decent price?

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
lennoxavesosa said:
I know alot of you have bad mouthed the sequence sq2's and whatnot, but i think im going to go for it just because they look nice and are in the price range im looking for (under $2000 with tires hopefully). however someone told me to make sure i get the 3 piece wheels as they are much stronger (anyone have any imput on 3 piece vs. other), but i cant seem to find them anywhere. does anyone know where i can get a set of these with tires for a decent price?
If they actually make 3 piece wheels (???) they will be SIGNIFICANTLY more expensive than $2000, most likely the wheels alone will be $800 or more each.

·
Registered
95 Posts
lennoxavesosa said:
the ones i have are a 3 piece. the price is a lot more than 2000. theres a guy here in NY that's a Sequence dealer i got both my wheels from him these cost me with trires 4200

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
are the one piece really that much more likely to get damaged and cause me trouble than the 3 piece? not to mention i have alot of potholes and hills where i live.

·
Registered
95 Posts
lennoxavesosa said:
are the one piece really that much more likely to get damaged and cause me trouble than the 3 piece? not to mention i have alot of potholes and hills where i live.
i drive in Brooklyn ny, and the Manhattan every day i have no problems at all knock on wood. the rims are strong partner

·
Registered
48 Posts
I see people are still talking about theese wheels. Do some research, why do you think they are so cheap. Use the SEARCH on this site and read the old posts this is not a new subject. Be very carefull.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you know smitty ive looked through all the posts and your really the only one ive found being so negative towards these rims. what justifys your anger? besides the improper bolt fitmets (which i understand from what i read has been fixed-anyone verify), everyone else that has the rims said they were fine-no problems. can you shed some light on this..........

·
Registered
48 Posts
You are good! I have no idea how you figure I am angry or am being negative I only suggest you do lott's of research before making any major purchase. I had a previous run in with theese same wheels. Long ago back in April 2004 B.H.(before hemi) people were selling the same type of wheels for prices far bellow cost, WHY!..
I called the Distrbutor/Maker in CA, and was given a price and then was called back by the same rep. three times over a one month period each time lowering the price. People were selling them with less than a hundred miles on them at $1K loss with stories of Oh someone might steal them and other B.S.. One Member actually quit the forum after not being able to sell his SQ's because of all the contrversy and questions. Look @ my Member #140WHAT I took del. of my Blk Hemi C in April of 04 I have 29K on it now. I read this forum back when people only dream't of a 300C. Now that is being angry and negative. Love Smitty...........

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey smitty, thanks for the insight. so from what i take it the only major malfunction with the rims are the fact that they dont have locking bolts and could get jacked easily?.....i live in a decent town where thankfully we dont have many people stealing rims. not to mention if they did get stolen in my town it wouldnt take long before i knew who did it lol....and whenever i do travel i wouldnt leave my car in a place where they could be. but from what i hear they do now have availble locking bolts for them (just dont remember where to find them damnit). smitty, do you or any other people on here have any other quams about them, as i want to find out if theyre worth making the investment. cheers.

·
Registered
96 Posts
sq-2 rims

I don't wnat to retread old ground on these rims but lex you haven't checked all of the posts on these rims. Check my posts and Rogues posts. Also the sq-2 is a TWO piece rim to start with. I don't know anything about the three piece version. If you can get these wheels for under two grand then something IS wrong. I paid 3 gees myself. ( rims and tires ). This rim was not made for the C. The center of the rim is designed in a way that you have to customize splined tuner lugs to fit the rim properly on the car. The rim is a nice looking rim but I want a rim made for my car. I don't want to use hub adapters and multifitmment wheels on my car. I also notice that Ryan is no longer with sequence. At least his name is not on their website anymore. Anyway I have to go to work. Do some more homework and if it's worht it you can buy mine! I'm just joking I wouldn't sell them to a C owner. I think they were made more for a BMW setup.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Lex, listen call up this guy and ask him he won't seel them to you he'll just explain that these rim are a perfect fit for the car. i had them since May 2004 i had no rubbing no wearing nothing has went wrong. they look crazy on the car. yes my first pair i had were not adjusted rigth (OFFSET) but i bought them again after give my wife Lowenharts LDR which are a sick rim. these rims are great i don't know what these guys are getting and who they get it from. i'm not a Rep for Sequence but i'll tellyou i love the rim and it fits Perfect i use no Spacer no Hub adapterd, Multi what evers i don't even know what that shit means bottom line the riom fits Awsome call this place up Ask for Harry tell him you have a 300C and you are interested in sequence 3 peice wheel he'll break it down for you 718-743-3200

·
Registered
96 Posts
gshug take a picture of your wheels with the center cap off!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea i second that krock. lets see some pics gshug......what lug nuts are you using, and where did you get them? id also like to see some pics of the whole car, with all your mods im sure it looks pretty clean.

·
Registered
95 Posts
John G said:
I cant find a pic of these wheels anywhere!Is there a web sight????
tonight i will have these pictures posted for you boys. i'm sorry i only get to this site at work early in the morinig. but i will let you see the locks i have and the lug nuts no problem.

·
Registered
95 Posts
lennoxavesosa said:
yea i second that krock. lets see some pics gshug......what lug nuts are you using, and where did you get them? id also like to see some pics of the whole car, with all your mods im sure it looks pretty clean.
Lex, did you call the place? i told you this place they do all my custom work to the car so they would know what lugs i have on and all that other crap that i don't care about.. i just want to drive fast and look good. simple... :D :cool:

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
no i didnt call em but i plan on doing so when i get some time. if theyre in brooklyn i may have them hook it up for me......im gonna head down there sometime to get naviplus installed (btw....did you get my PM about that gshug?). thats all i really care about too is looking good and still being able to drive fast on 22's. how much did you pay for them with tires? still trying to find them for a cheap price.

·
Registered
95 Posts
lennoxavesosa said:
no i didnt call em but i plan on doing so when i get some time. if theyre in brooklyn i may have them hook it up for me......im gonna head down there sometime to get naviplus installed (btw....did you get my PM about that gshug?). thats all i really care about too is looking good and still being able to drive fast on 22's. how much did you pay for them with tires? still trying to find them for a cheap price.
see when i got the car i got the whole work done for me the Grill, wood, rims, system, exhaust . i paid for every this 5000 and he did my NAVI conversion which i think sound and looks better than Navi plus look at this picture this my car

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
Lex I'm going to take pictures of my sq-2s also and post them. I want you to make a very informed decision. I love the wheel but I have gone to hell and back to get lugs. I heard from a source that they redesigned the center of the wheel so you may be ok. Looking good is wonderful but you don't want to have any wheel wooble or vibration either. hat would negate yoyur ability to travel fast. Gshug may have the " newer" wheel.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hey i appreciate the help from both you guys on making my decision. im still going to get the wheels, but want to find the newer, redesigned version. im trying to stay around the 2 grand price range (i got a set of 18' spinners from my old car im trying to sell as well) with pirellis so does anyone know where i can get a good deal?.................

gshug-so from what i understand naviplus in brooklyn did not do your nav/dvd conversion? does that mean your using the av electronics unit? from what i understand naviplus is cheap and better.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts