Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear 300 enthusiast

I take pride in my baby as you can see from the first Picture. However the rest of the pictured shows the sheer horror my car has become. My car is in need of serious attention and need to understand why the paint is coming off in huge chunks. I hope someone here can guide me into understanding what went wrong. The rear fascia and the side skirts look the same. If anyone here paints and is close to NY I am willing to come to you. Please assist me in helping my baby recover her past glory.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Damn dude, that looks terrible. Probably from a piss poor paint job. I feel bad for ya.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have about 13 years of painting experience and IMHO it looks like adhesion promoter wasn't used. If it is factory painted it falls on MOPAR. If you've had it repainted it falls on the shop that painted it. Now the best thing you can do is to take it to a car wash and try to get as much of the loose paint off as you can. Then have it repainted properly. If you'd like PM me and I can tell you how to properly do it yourself. Even if you have no experience, I can help you with this problem.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes. its terrible and im so upset. The fascia was not painted at the dealer. Im not sure if adhesion promoter or flex agent was used. The things is the first pic is right after the paint job. Mind you the paint job lasted about a year. My concern is the way its pealing. I mean its literally coming off in chunks. all i know is i need resolution and guidance.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I'd say get with the shop that did the work and have them fix it. (Hopefully they warranty their work) other then that PM stupidfast and get some help in fixing it yourself... Then there's just getting it redone again.. Except by someone who knows what their doing....

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So i was quoted $1,200 for the front/rear fascia, rocker panels and a complete re-buff of the car and guarantee. He states he will use the flex agent. He stated that some places do not use the flex agent cause it could be expensive. But when not used the paint comes off like my car. so is that a fair price?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts