Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
223 Posts
Hopefully they fount away to fix the bad reception. Mines sucks big time. To be honest its say bad i only play cd's.

·
Banned
19 Posts
Goldy said:
is this for AM? Also where did you hear about this?
Are you having poor AM reception? It may be due to your window tint if you've had your windows tinted - my AM reception was scrambled right after the tint went on - I later found out that it had to do with the brand of tint film - wasn't a big enough deal to have redone though just to get the AM back, especially since Phil Hendrie is off 640AM now in Los Angeles.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Radio Recept

Hi All new guy here.

I have the same problem but with FM stations. I also have a light tint but want to go darker. Any suggestions on what type of tint should be used?

Thanks

·
Registered
209 Posts
There is ONLY one tint choice, IMO. Well, there are two, but one stinks and the good choice is expensive.

Formula One's "Pinnacle" film made by CP Films is what you want to get. It is a "ceramic" based film and will not interfere with GPS navigation, cell phones, AM, FM or satellite reception. It cost me $329 to have my "C" done, and I had to contact the manufacturer to find someone to do it - and they had to send the ONE GUY in my entire state the film!

The only other option is a "dyed" film. This is the cheap-o stuff that will turn purple.

Huper Optik is an architectural film that is "ceramic" based. There *ARE* places that say they install it on cars. But the rumor is that they LIE to customers and don't install the Huper on the (curved) rear window, and instead use dyed film for there. Huper is like $600 installed (read, ripoff).

I've had the Pinnacle now for 8 months and an very happy with it. It's the best tint I've ever had!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey thanks for the heads up and the quick response.

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
theKman said:
Does anyone know what they do to correct this service bulletin
for poor radio reception?
So getting back on topic, anyone??
I'd like the info as well before my next visit to the dealer 5/2

1 - 9 of 9 Posts