Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Service manual in printed form is $375. CD format is "only" $90.

Both share the description of "Service information is divided into groups, which contain description, operation, diagnosis, testing, adjustments, removal, installation, disassembly, and assembly procedures for the systems and components."

Only the printed form has an extended description of "Also contained in these groups is all relevant electronic diagnostic information."

All of the above information is straight for www.chrylser.com.

While I would prefer the printed version, I am hesitant to pay a $285 premium. I would like to think the "extended description" noted two paragraphs ago is not on the CD description due to an oversight.

I am sure the printed version is great; however, I am interested in comments from any owners of the CD version.

·
Registered
133 Posts
ArnoldW,

What catagory did your find the CD under? How would I search for a similar sale item?

Thanks,
:)

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
arnoldw said:
I've got the CD from ebay $45 I believe. Works well, about 7000 pages.
Is it set up in a fashion that leads you to believe it contains everything in the printed version (getting back to my concern of the printed version having more comprehensive information than the CD) :confused:

Also, is it in a easy to use format (where you can click here, there or wherever) OR is it in hard to use format (like a PDF file or WORD document where you have to scroll through those 7000 pages or, at best, depend on a "find" or "search" function). I sure hope it is some sort of easy to use format.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
arnoldw said:
You can easily click on the index to find things. For me it seems easy to use. It uses adobe
Thanks. I stand corrected. After reading your reply, I opened some "*.pdf files" I had and they are, indeed, easy to navigate. I guess I was just thinking of trouble I have had, in the past, trying to "find my way" in huge documents that were saved in different formats. I'm going to spring for the CD and save most of what the remote starter is going to cost !! :D :D

It is edit time !! : Any comments about my earlier concern that the printed version has more comprensive data ( "Also contained in these groups is all relevant electronic diagnostic information") than the CD version?? :confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts