Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was backing my 2013 Chrysler 300s out of my garage and I put it into park when I got to my driveway and the shifter was stuck in park and wouldnt go into any other gears. It shows a service shifter message on the dash & the check engine light is on I plugged in my OBD Scanner and I got the following code P215C. Also a little red lightning bolt symbol pops up sometimes... Now when I turn the car on the shifter shows its in park but it lets me shift the gears into reverse/neutral/drive but nothing happens when I press down on the accelerator besides the engine rev and when I try to put the car back into park to shut it off it wont go back into park, so I put the car in neutral and turn it off.. I had a buddy of mine come check it out and he thinks its the driveshaft? what do you guys think it could possibly be? Please help me I can't afford to go to the dealer and the car wont move even If I wanted to... This is my first post on the forums so excuse me if I posted in the wrong section... I'm mainly looking for what the most common issue for this could be... thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
I can't imagine that the drive shaft would be a problem. Is this the 8 speed? You can pull off the top with the button and then the T part comes off with a #10 torx IIRC. This is bizarre. I recommend the dealer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think you need to get some hands and eyes under the car. That code is output shaft speed and it not going in park could be cause the output shaft is spinning. So get under the car and see if it is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts