Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably a dumb question but I do not have an owners manual or Nav manual yet and I just cannot figure out how to set the clock on the Nav screen that is located in the bottom right corner? :pat: Thanks!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I beleive you do need the disk, as you change the clock within the nav menu. What happens when you hit Nav ? does it take you to a menu screen ?

·
Registered
435 Posts
it takes an act of congress and can only be done on a Tuesday , when it's raining, and there's a full moon out, with mercury aligned with the third moon of Neptune, then and only then will you be able to set your clock, and that is if you posses the magic cloak of destiny and the amulet of power....bwaa-haa-haa-haa-haa, LOL. just kidding, I don't think you need the nav disk, I remember setting them with out it when I used to sell these tings. I'll see if I can get you a down load of the users manual from a friend of mine. :biggrin:

·
Registered
408 Posts
If you hit nav and then enter do you get a menu at all? If you have a menu scroll down to setup and a shut off your dst setting. Can you get a map to come up? If you get a map, you have a disk and the gps should set your clock for you. You may have to shut off dst.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey thanks for all the replies. When I hit the Nav button it just says "insert dvd rom" so I'm going to go out on a limb and say I need to have the disc to change the clock.

I downloaded the owner's manual but unfortunately it does not cover the REC unit with Nav, so I will have to wait until the hard copy I ordered from Chrysler arrives ( hopefully that has the Nav owner's manual included ).

I also purchased an AF disc, which should arrive soon as well and finally get that thing figured out. Thanks again for the help!

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
As you alluded to in your original post, the Nav disk needs to be inserted at all times to do anything with navigation system. Hope it arrives soon!

bruno

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
yup . Need the nav disc . You will scroll down to clock set....do your thing .....the scroll down and hit enter to set . If you don't enter it ....it wont take . Then you're all set . Hopefully you purchased an in motion nav hack AF as opposed to the 200 dollar on Chrysler sells.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts