Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has been shaking between about 38 and 50 mph for several months. You feel the shaking under your butt at those speeds. Steering wheel shake feels less than under you. It happens when speeding up and slowing down.

I have had the tires rotated. Then balanced 4 or 5 times. Went to the dealer and they changed out the tie rods. Still shaking. Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
771 Posts
How about an alignment ?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whoops. Did that too. :)

·
Registered
435 Posts
going by where you say you feel the vibration I would say transmission mount or something like that, did you run over anything or go over a bump?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had the transmission leak and had that fixed and a transmission service done during this whole process. Didn't seem to make a difference.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stock wheels. Did get new tires a year or more ago. Goodyear Comforttread. standard size.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I don't know if this is going to help, but I had a similar problem, and checked everything you did too. Mine turned out to be some water in one of the tires (don't know how it got in there) which made the tire impossible to properly balance and the made the vibrations.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts