Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
5,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Am Interested In Shaving My Door Handles. There Is A New Kit That Came Out. It's By La France Auto Works, Www.lafranceautoworks.com.it's A Cool Kit, No Body Work At All. They Remove The Original Door Handles Off And Replace It With A Cover. The Cover Even Comes Painted The Same Colour As Your Car From The Dealer. When You Unlock The Car You Just Tap Where The Cover Is And The Door Pops Open. The Kit Also Comes With A 9v Back Up Battery Just In Case The Car Battery Is Dead. I Like The Kit Because You Don't Have To Do Any Bodywork. It Would Be Hard To Paint That Spot To Match The Rest Of The Car. You Would Have To Paint The Whole Door And That Might Not Even Match The Factory Paint. Plus If I Ever Want To Sell The Car. I Could Put Back On The Door Handles, I Don't Think I Would Ever Sell The Car, But Who Knows!!!!!! Love The 08 Challenger!!!!!! Go Check Out That Website And I Want To Get Some Feedback On That Product. Thanks A Million!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
781 Posts
They used them on the Magnum wagon on the Overhaulin' TV show. You can see them here:

http://www.overhaulin.com/gallery37.aspx?season=3

Never seen them in person, but even on TV you could see the outline of the kit on the car even after it was painted body color. Maybe it would look better if they mig-welded the kit into the door and refinished it, but if you are going to go to all that work you might as well shave the handles and get some door poppers with a remote.

Just my opinion,
Rick

·
Registered
677 Posts
They had all sorts of problems with them opening the doors in the rain apparently on the Overhaulin' Magnum.

The technology isn't quite perfected.

Shave your door handles professionally with a body guy and have solonoids and an alarm put in.

·
Banned
5,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shaved Door Handles

rogue said:
They had all sorts of problems with them opening the doors in the rain apparently on the Overhaulin' Magnum.

The technology isn't quite perfected.

Shave your door handles professionally with a body guy and have solonoids and an alarm put in.
I HAVE AN ALARM NOW. CAN THEY USE THAT ALARM TO WORK WITH THE KIT? DO YOU THINK THAT WHEN THEY PAINT THE DOORS IT MIGHT NOT MATCH? I KNOW I SHOULD CALL HIM BUT HIS SHOP IS CLOSED NOW, SO I WILL ASK YOU. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO, MAYBE PUT THAT MONEY INTO MY KW V2 KIT. I DON'T KNOW!!!!!

·
Registered
677 Posts
The following threads have information regarding problems with that product:

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=19465&highlight=magic+touch
http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=20957&highlight=magic+touch

Basically, the product isn't ready for the mainstream yet.

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=20294&highlight=magic+touch

I suggest having your door handles shaved completely with metal and welded. If your shop doesn't know how to do this task, then find a new shop. You will be using electronic solonoids to unlock and pop your doors open from your alarm. Any alarm can handle this functionality.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Cool, but $399 a door? Forget it! I can hire someone to open my doors for me for THAT much and still never have to touch the door!!!

·
Banned
5,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BobCav said:
Cool, but $399 a door? Forget it! I can hire someone to open my doors for me for THAT much and still never have to touch the door!!!
ACTUALLY I AM GETTING IT DONE FOR 700 CANADIAN FOR ALL 4 DOORS BRO. PLUS I AM GETTING A 9V BATTERY INSTALLED FOR BACK UP JUST IN CASE THE BATTERY EVER DIES. DO YOU THINK IT LOOKS GOOD? I AM TOTTALY CONFUSED, OR PUT THAT MONEY TOWARDS MY KW V2'Z?

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
DUBSTER said:
ACTUALLY I AM GETTING IT DONE FOR 700 CANADIAN FOR ALL 4 DOORS BRO. PLUS I AM GETTING A 9V BATTERY INSTALLED FOR BACK UP JUST IN CASE THE BATTERY EVER DIES. DO YOU THINK IT LOOKS GOOD? I AM TOTTALY CONFUSED, OR PUT THAT MONEY TOWARDS MY KW V2'Z?

Dude, turn the caps lock OFF!!!

·
Registered
729 Posts
DUBSTER said:
Personally I'd put it towards other mods. It's too new and gimmicy right now. Shaved doors with electric and remote poppers have been out for ages with no hassles that this has. Now if ya got the green, go with suicide doors with full shaved handles and remote poppers! Now THAT would look cool!!

·
Banned
5,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jjs said:
Dude, turn the caps lock OFF!!!
I CAN'T!!!!!!! I HAVE AN ADDICTION DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SORRY BRO!!!!!!!!!!!!! I RMEMEMBER LONG LONG TIME AGO WHEN MT MOM TOLD ME WHAT TO DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I NEED HELP PPPLLLLEEEAAASSSEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
magic touch - lafrance autoworks

Hey guys, I want to answer any questions people might have about our Magic Touch system. Our page has a FAQ section that should answer most so I'm just going to address the questions you have on this thread. I know rogue brought up the water issue. Yes there was an issue with rain for the system we installed on the Dodge Magnum for Overhaulin'. That was a pre-production unit we installed for the show. We have fixed this issue with our production parts. So even if you leave your car unlocked in the rain it will not trigger the door to open. HealeyRick was talking about welding it into the car. The pieces that replace your factory door handles are automotive grade plastics and can not be welded and we do not suggest molding them into the door because of the different rates the metal and plastics expand and contract in the heat. For people that want the truly shaved look we suggest shaving the door handles the regular way and using one of our universal sensors. We have a clear sensor that goes in the inside of your window as well as one for inside the mirror. For more info on those check out our website under the available models tab. And DUBSTER was curious if our system worked with an alarm. Yes, our system can tie into a factory or after market key less entry system. When the car is locked our system is disabled and doesn't react to a person's touch. When the car is unlocked our system reads that signal and enables the touch sensor. BobCav brought up the issue of not wanting to touch the door. Our system can receive a 12 volt signal to trigger the doors to pop when an input is sent for example from a after market key less entry system. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Cole [email protected] lafranceautoworks.com

·
Registered
729 Posts
Wow, that thread got dug up! Thanks for the explanation. It sounds like your product has matured nicely.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts